SSC MTS Preparation 2022
SSC MTS preparation 2022 tips and strategy will allow you to ace the exam with flying colours. Going through the SSC MTS preparation notes will help in understanding the subject-wise important topics, paper pattern, and allow to focus on each topic covered under each subject of the Multitasking Staff exam. There are four subjects included in Tier 1 of the MTS exam which are Numerical Ability, General Awareness, Reasoning, and English Language. On the other hand, Tier 2 is a descriptive paper consisting of Essay/Letter writing which is to assess the writing skills of candidates. Check the SSC MTS Tier 1 preparation tips, Tier 2 preparation strategy, exam pattern, etc below to score well in the exam.
SSC MTS Preparation for Tier 1
SSC MTS Paper 1 is an objective test consisting of 100 questions from 4 subjects - Numerical Ability, General English, General Awareness and General Intelligence & Reasoning carrying 1 mark per question. For SSC MTS preparation for Tier 1, one needs to focus on time management skills, learning short tricks to attempt Maths and Reasoning questions, practice through SSC MTS previous year question paper, mock test, sample papers, etc. Here are some important points of the Paper 1 exam:
- There will be 25 questions in each section carrying a weightage of 1 mark each.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted in the SSC MTS 2022.
- The questions of Paper 1 will be framed in both English and Hindi language.
- There will be a time limit of 90 minutes for regular candidates and 120 minutes for Visually Handicapped (VH)/ Cerebral Palsy (CP) candidates.
It is highly crucial to be well versed with the pattern of the exam before starting the SSC MTS preparation. The below table highlights the exam pattern of the SSC MTS Paper 1:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Knowledge and General Awareness
SSC MTS Preparation Subject-Wise
In this section, we are going to talk about the subject-wise SSC MTS preparation strategy. Candidates who are going to appear for the Paper 1 MTS exam which is all set to be held from 05 July to 22 July 2022 must check the tips and tricks given here to prepare well for each subject.
SSC MTS Preparation Notes PDF
One of the most important parts of your preparation is your SSC MTS preparation notes. Notes can be very helpful when you need a quick revision or just want to through the topic by reading the whole syllabus that's why we are also providing you with SSC MTS preparation notes PDF. To know more about the SSC MTS preparation tips read below.
SSC MTS English Preparation
English is one of the scoring subjects as it can be attempted in less time. Before we dive deeper into the SSC MTS English preparation tips, let’s first go through the SSC MTS syllabus of English:
Syllabus for SSC MTS English Preparation
Phrases and Idioms
Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction
Here are some important SSC MTS preparations tips for the English section which will help you score better:
- Though this section remains an Achilles’ heel for many candidates, aspirants can work on their weaker aspects and tackle this section successfully.
- Candidates’ understanding of the basics of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, correct usage, etc. would be tested.
- The simpler topics of reading comprehension are something that can be improved based on one’s continual practice. Also, it is important to focus on improving your vocabulary. While this does not mean that you should solely focus on rote learning new words/phrases, you can try to improve your skills by learning how to apply those newly learnt phrases.
- With 25 questions being asked from this section, candidates must apply themselves and try to complete it within a generous time limit of 5-7 minutes.
SSC MTS Preparation for Mathematics
Mathematics is one of the scoring subjects since questions can be attempted with accuracy here. You just need to understand the basics of a concept and how to solve questions based on it using simple tricks to crack this section in Paper 1 of the MTS exam. In order to kickstart the SSC MTS preparation for Numerical Ability, you need to be well versed with its syllabus first.
Mathematics Topics for SSC MTS Preparation
Speed, Time and Distance
Problem on Ages
Mixture and Alligation
Here are some important SSC MTS preparation tips to score better in the Numerical Ability section:
- The topics like Average, Percentage and Data interpretation have easy questions in books. Candidates are suggested to try to attempt such simpler questions quickly and then move to the relatively difficult questions.
- Developing the use of short tricks in the topics of Algebra and other Miscellaneous topics would help many of you develop the much-needed time management skills and also help in quickly solving the problems.
- A total of 25 questions will be asked on this topic in the SSC MTS exam. The candidates should try to tackle this within a time limit of nearly 35 minutes.
SSC MTS Preparation Tips for Reasoning
Many candidates find reasoning as one of the easiest and scoring sections in Paper 1 of SSC MTS. However, you should not avoid preparation for this section as it requires you to be well versed with certain concepts that demand attention and focus. SSC MTS preparation 2022 for Reasoning will allow you to fetch good marks in it by following a strategic and dedicated approach. Before discussing the preparation strategy, let us first have a look at the list of topics covered in the Reasoning section of SSC MTS.
Reasoning Topics for SSC MTS Preparation
We have stated some important points that the candidate needs to follow for effective preparation for SSC MTS General Intelligence and Reasoning section:
- While covering general problem-solving skills, one should focus on topics like logical deductions and general logic application.
- While this topic remains on the simpler side of the scale, candidates must read the questions properly and then apply themselves to the problem, to avoid silly mistakes.
- The topic of space visualization along with number series can be easily tackled by many, as would be the relationship concepts.
- A few subtopics do require effort and time for solving correctly and quickly in the SSC MTS examination. Candidates should strive right from the beginning to practice enough questions, so as to quickly recognize the patterns present in the problem.
- In case a problem ends up taking too much of your precious time, it's better to switch and move to the next question and then come back to the problem if time permits.
- 25 questions will be posted from this section in the SSC MTS exam, which candidates should try to tackle within 15 minutes.
SSC MTS Preparation for General Awareness
Before learning about the SSC MTS preparation strategy for General Awareness, let us first go through the list of topics covered in the syllabus of General Awareness provided below.
General Awareness Topics for SSC MTS Preparation
Books & Sports
Dates, Schemes, Portfolios
We have collated some key points that the candidates need to follow to prepare efficiently for the General Awareness section:
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around her/him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events. The test will also include questions related to India and its neighbouring countries, especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- Since all the subtopics will be covered in this sub-section of the paper, the candidates are requested to focus on all the subtopics in order to ace this section.
- While it might seem that the section is really vast, candidates should cover the basic and popular knowledge of the subtopics. Start with the topics you are most comfortable with. Practice regularly to remember the even most obscure of the facts and then move to the fewer difficult subtopics.
- If reading a newspaper is not your cup of tea, then don’t worry, go through the various GK tornados and capsules updated on the BYJU'S Exam Prep app for a sound SSC MTS preparation for General Awareness.
- With a total of 25 questions that will be asked, candidates should try to attempt this section within the time limit of nearly 5-7 minutes.
SSC MTS Preparation Strategy
To clear your exam without any hassle you can have all the notes and all the help but without a good strategy, nothing will be helpful that's why you need to properly utilize your time and sort out your time table and come up with a strategy so you can cover your whole syllabus with the help of SSC MTS preparation tips we have provided you.
SSC MTS Preparation Best Books
Here is a list of important SSC MTS books which will help you to prepare for the upcoming exam in a more comprehensive way:
SSC MTS Preparation Books
Objective General English
A Mirror of Common Errors
Dr Ashok Kumar Singh
General Awareness & Current Affairs
Lucent General Knowledge
Fast-track Objective Arithmetic
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Practice Book on Quicker Maths
M.Tyra & K.Kundan
General Intelligence & Reasoning
A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
Dr R.S Aggarwal
Test of Reasoning
SSC MTS Preparation for Tier 2
Those who clear Tier 1 of SSC MTS will be called to appear for the Tier 2 exam which is a descriptive paper conducted through pen and paper mode. Candidates must not wait for their result to start SSC MTS Tier 2 preparation. Instead, it is advisable to prepare for the Tier 2 paper well in advance to avoid last-minute lag. Here are some essential SSC MTS preparation tips for Tier 2:
- Candidates should practice writing 2 to 3 essays regularly.
- Use the correct and standardized format of the essay viz. first some lines on introduction, the main concept, positive aspects, negative aspects, and then the conclusion of the essay.
- Use an online platform while writing essays, this will help you build your typing speed.
- Use quotation wherever possible, it creates a good impact. Use a neutral tone all through the essay.
- Do not repeat the same points all over again.
☛ Also Check: