Every aspiring candidate must be thorough with the steps involved in BSF recruitment. The recruitment process consists of multiple phases, which the candidate must pass with an exceptional score. Candidates who fail to pass a round will not be allowed to proceed in further selection rounds. BSF recruitment is conducted in the following two phases -
- First Phase - Written examination
- Second Phase - Document verification, physical measurement, physical efficiency test, trade test, medical examination
BSF Recruitment: Written Test
The first step in BSF recruitment is to appear for the written test. The test is conducted in selected exam centres chosen by the BSF. Candidates who fit the eligibility criteria will be selected for the written test and will be issued an admit card which they will have to carry to the exam hall. Find the details about the BSF written test given below:
- The exam is an objective-type exam, where candidates must choose the correct option from the given multiple choice.
- Candidates will be provided with OMR sheets to answer the questions.
- Candidates will have to answer 100 questions for 100 marks in a duration of 2 hours.
- The question paper will be provided in both Hindi and English.
- The qualifying marks for the exam will be 35% for UR/OBC/EWS category and 33% for SC/ST category.
BSF Recruitment: Document Verification
After the written test, selected candidates will be asked to produce the original copies of all their documents to prove their eligibility for the BSF recruitment. A selection board will be responsible for checking the documents of all the shortlisted candidates. Those who fail to produce the original documents will not be allowed to participate in further selection rounds. The list of documents to be produced by the candidates is given below:
- Proof of age
- Proof of educational qualification
- Proof of technical qualification
- Proof of job experience
- Caste certificate
- Income and Asset certificate for EWS candidates
BSF Recruitment 2022: Physical Measurement
The selected candidate will be measured for their height, weight, and chest in the Physical Measurement Test. This test will be conducted by a special Border Security Force selection board as part of the BSF recruitment process. Only those candidates who fit the criteria for physical measurement will be allowed to appear for the subsequent rounds of selection.
BSF Physical Test
To proceed further in the BSF recruitment, candidates will have to undergo a Physical Efficiency Test to prove that they are physically fit and active. The type of tests and the duration in which they are to be completed are already specified by the BSF. Male candidates will have to undergo a series of tests to check their endurance, strength, and physical efficiency. Given below are the details of the BSF physical test:
Type of Test
1 Mile Race
3 ft 6 in (3 attempts will be given)
11 ft (3 attempts will be given)
BSF Recruitment: Trade Test
A trade test is supposed to assess the candidate's abilities and knowledge about their choice of trade. Candidates who have applied for technical fields in the BSF recruitment will undergo this test in front of a selection board. The selection board will specify the norms for the trade test, and candidates must prove their abilities according to them. Candidates who have applied for the Constable (Crew) post will also have to participate in a Swimming Test. Any candidate who fails the trade test will not be allowed to proceed further in the BSF recruitment process.
BSF Recruitment: Medical Test
The last stage of BSF recruitment is the medical examination that candidates must participate in to prove that they are medically fit. As per the revised guidelines of the Border Security Force, candidates will have to appear for a Detailed Medical Examination (DME) immediately after the Trade Test. Find more details about the BSF medical test below:
- Those who are found to be unfit as per the medical standards will not be selected.
- Candidates found medically unfit will get a memorandum for a Review Medical Examination (RME).
- Those who get an RME must file their written consent for the same in 24 hours.
- The results of the RME will be considered final.