Unit – I
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive).
- Teaching methods in higher learning institutions: Teacher centred vs Learner-centered methods; Off-line vs On-line methods (Swayam, Svayamprabha, MOOCs etc.).
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based.
- Factors affecting teaching: Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution.
Unit – II
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post-positivist approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and Styles of referencing
- Steps of Research.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
Unit - III Comprehension
- A passage of text is given.
- Questions are asked from the passage to be answered.
Unit – IV Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Concepts related to Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media & Society.
Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.).
Unit – VI
- Understanding the structure of arguments: arguments forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramana's: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Artha Patti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi ( Non-apprehension).
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetva bhavas (fallacies of inference).
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table charts and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- General abbreviations and terminology.
- Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing.
- Digital Government Initiatives in higher education.
- ICT & Governance.
People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment.
- Environmental Issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socioeconomic and Political dimensions.
- Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate change, International agreements/efforts –Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
Unit – X
Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programs in India.
- Professional, Technical and Skill-Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Polices, Governance, and Administration.