Series questions are one of the most interesting topics that you get in most of the SSC & Railways competitive exams. It includes a sequence of letters, numbers, or a combination of both which follow some specific rules. Series questions are helpful in gauging the capability of a student in establishing the link between the various elements in the series. This section can be found in almost all government and public sector examinations such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and various Railway exams. In this article, we will focus on the Series section in different exams.
Important Series topics in SSC & Railways Exam
Series questions are of 4 types as mentioned below:
It includes a series of numbers in a certain pattern.
There are a series of letters following some rule.
It includes numbers and alphabets, following a certain pattern or rule.
Continuous Pattern Series
There is a series with some blanks in between, which you need to identify by knowing the pattern it follows.
Tips to solve Series problems in SSC & Railway Exams
Some important things to follow while solving Series quiz for SSC exams, to enhance one's efficiency, are as follows:
- Get the Series syllabus for SSC exams first so that you know what all Series topics for SSC exams have to be covered. It is better to note down all the possible Series rules and Series formula for SSC exams. Then, while solving any problem, notice the missing term and try to find the pattern that the series follows.
- In questions involving a wrong term, the rule has to be identified first, so that the term which falls out of the sequence is the odd one out.
iii. In series involving numbers, there are various types of questions which you can be well versed with by practising various Series tricks for SSC exams from different Series practice sets for SSC available online or offline sources.
- It is advisable to take Series notes for SSC exams for quick reference before the main exam.
- Try to attempt as many Series online tests for SSC exams as possible as this will increase your speed of solving a wide range of problems, hence boost your confidence level significantly.
Importance of the Series section in competitive exams
Series Questions and answers in SSC exams are tricky and hence need quick thinking and solving the problems to score well.
- The reason why this section is included in the government or public sector exams is to know how efficiently a candidate can identify the underlying rules and reach the correct answer.
- It shows the potential of a candidate to reach the correct solution in the difficult scenario in the work-life and resolve the matter in the least possible time.
- You can expect 4-5 questions from this section which can be easily solved if you have a good practice, so easily score in the exam, in this section.
Most Recommended Books for Series
There are various Series questions and answers pdf for SSC exams available online which can be referred along with the following books:
Magical Book on Quicker Maths
Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam
Why prepare Series from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep offers extensive study material for the reasoning section including a wide range of questions in the form of Series practice test for SSC exam. It has mentors to guide the students whenever needed. They can also discuss questions with other aspirants, attend online tests, and know their preparation level before appearing on the actual exam. It is one of the most reliable online resources for the aspirants of SSC & Railways exams.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- Are Series questions easy to score?
Yes, but some questions can be time taking if you are unable to identify the underlying rule quickly.
2- How to solve Series questions quickly?
The only way to enhance your speed in solving the Series questions is to practice a variety of questions from various sources.
3- Are books enough for preparing for the Series section?
No, you also need to refer to online sources like BYJU'S Exam Prep for preparing for the Series questions as they have comprehensive coverage of the wide range of questions along with the latest pattern for the exams.
4- How many questions can be expected from the Series section in exams?
You can expect 5 questions from this section though this may vary for some exams.
5- Is it okay to start preparing for the Series section 1-2 months before the exam?
No. It is always better to start preparing for this section from the beginning to make sure that you get ample time for referring to different sources and practice all types of questions before the final exam.