GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria Overview
GATE eligibility criteria are the officially set rules which candidates applying for the exam must fulfill. Candidates will be considered eligible for the GATE 2024 exam if they fit through the following conditions:
- Educational Qualification Criteria
- Age LimitAge Limit
- Nationality Criteria
The GATE exam application process for the 2024 session will soon start, and before initiating the application procedure, the candidate must confirm whether he or she fits the eligibility criteria or not.
Along with these mentioned GATE eligibility criteria, candidates must present the required documents while filling out the application form to support their eligibility. It is essential to note that without the required documents, the candidature will be rejected. Let us now see all essential eligibility criteria of the GATE exam one by one in the coming sections.
GATE Education Qualification
The most important eligibility criterion is the educational qualification. Candidates who are currently enrolled in the third or higher year of an undergraduate degree program or have completed a government-approved degree program in any of the following fields are eligible to take the GATE exam:
Here is the detailed information on the eligible degree program that candidates must possess for sitting in the GATE exam:
Description of Eligible Candidates
In 3rd year or above
B.E./ B.Tech./ B. Pharm.
In 3rd year or above
Pharm. D. (after 10+2)
Currently in the 3rd to 6th year or above
5th year or above or completed.
Int. M.E./ M.Tech./M.Pharm or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)
In 3rd or higher year or already completed
B.Sc. (Research) / B.S.
In 3rd year or above
M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA or equivalent
In the first year or above or completed.
Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)
In any year
B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com.
3rd year or completed
Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S. / M.S.
In 3rd year or completed
Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch.)
Completed Section A
As per the official notification, no minimum or maximum age limitation is specified to appear for the GATE examination under the eligibility criteria.
GATE Exam Age Limit: None
Therefore, as per the GATE exam age limit, candidates of any age group can appear in the exam. This implies that any candidate following the GATE exam eligibility criteria can give the exam at any age.
GATE Exam Nationality
Nationality is one of the essential factors of the GATE exam eligibility. Various foreign nationals are permitted to appear in the GATE exam but it is limited to a few countries. The entire list of the countries from which candidates can apply for the exam is shown below:
- Sri Lanka,
- Ethiopia and
- United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals
Candidates from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) may apply for the GATE 2024 exam if they meet the following criteria:
- Candidates shall be at least in the 3rd year or have completed the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Arts/ Technology/ Commerce.
- Students must have finished their PG degree in relevant science topics, be in their final year of study, or be preparing to complete their studies.
Documents Required to Support GATE Eligibility Criteria 2024
While filling out the GATE 2024 application form must present supporting documents to have a valid application. Candidates failing to submit those documents will face the rejection of their application form. The candidates must submit the following documents to fall under the GATE eligibility:
- The society or institute issued a degree certificate, course completion certificate, or provisional degree certificate if the candidate has completed any of the above-mentioned degrees.
- Candidates must upload their Provisional Certificate Letter (as issued by the Head of the Institute/ Dean/ Registrar/ Head of Department) or copy the marks card for Section A of AMIE, etc. If the candidate is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria in 2024 or later
- Upload a copy of any of the mark sheets of the final year issued from the institute where they were studying in case the candidates with backlogs (failed subjects) in any of the subjects in their qualifying examination.
- The certificate of Dyslexia must be presented as a scanned copy(if applicable).
- PwD certificate must be presented as a scanned copy(if applicable).
- Category certificates for SC/ ST candidates must be presented as a scanned copy(if applicable).
Note: No document has to be shipped by post. All the documents have to be uploaded while filling out the online application form.
Related GATE Articles:
|PSU Recruitment through GATE||GATE Login|
|GATE Application Form||GATE Exam Pattern|
|GATE result||GATE Scorecard Validity|
|GATE Response Sheet||GATE Syllabus|
|GATE Cut off||GATE Score Calculator|