Check here the complete selection criteria along with the detailed IBPS PO exam pattern for both prelims as well as for mains.
IBPS PO Selection Process 2021
The IBPS PO selection process involves the following stages to be cracked in order to be a probationary officer –
- CET IBPS /Preliminary Exam: - The preliminary exam is of qualifying in nature, marks of prelims won't be added for the final selection. Only you have to secure minimum qualifying marks in each subject to be qualified for the next stage of selection.
Now, the Prelims Exam will be replaced by NRA CET Exam, which is a common examination for all non-gazetted posts (Group B and C) for banking.
- Mains Exam: - If you are able to score the minimum & the overall cut off in this stage, then only you will be called for the last stage of selection. Marks of this stage will be considered for the final selection.
- Interview: - Interview is a face-to-face round, where you will be asked questions directly by the panel members and will be shortlisted for the final selection accordingly.
- For more details, you can go through our post, selection procedure of IBPS PO.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2021
It is crucial to understand the complete IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2021 which includes exam patterns for both Prelims and Mains Examination.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
To reserve your seat for mains, candidates will have to qualify the prelims examination by securing minimum cut off marks as decided by the IBPS. Below is the detailed IBPS PO exam pattern for IBPS PO Prelims 2021 exam:
|Name of test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2021
There are no changes introduced in the mains examination, this year. You have to go through the detailed IBPS PO exam pattern for IBPS PO mains examination below:
Name of Test
No. of Qs.
Data Interpretation & Analysis
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
Descriptive Test: Letter & Essay Writing
Descriptive Test Pattern
The descriptive test for IBPS PO Mains includes two sections, these will carry a total of 25 marks under 30 minutes to attempt:
1. Letter Writing: You can ask to write a formal, semi-formal, or informal letter based on general topics, current affairs & banking awareness.
2. Essay Writing: Essay writing basically is a long article that can be asked on any random topic, especially on the topics related to current affairs/issues, or the issues that are bringing everybody’s attention lately. Take a look at the 15 most expected essay topics for IBPS PO Descriptive Paper for your self-study.
Now that you have the latest exam pattern and syllabus of IBPS PO, you can make prepare a study blueprint accordingly.