While most candidates research the SSC GD Constable Salary and the parameters under the SSC GD Eligibility, most candidates forget to read the job profile, which is an essential step. SSC GD job profile is quite tough as GD stands for soldier “General Duty”. The soldier’s training is quite tough in comparison with the other trade soldiers, and mostly the other warfare activities are done by these GD soldiers only. Once you get selected for this post, you will be called by the concerned regional offices for document verification. After which, the appointing authority i.e. CISF, CRPF, BSF, NIA, etc., sends you an appointment letter commanding you to join the Training School within 15 days (time varies for different departments).
As soon as you join the training school, you will be given a temporary Chest no. (e/12, CR-134) which is the sole identity of your candidature. After filling out all legal documents like Service Book, PRAN Form, and Swearing Book, you will become regular Spartan-like others. Now your daily routine includes getting up early by Reveille (03:00 AM in Summer & 04:00 in winter) and carrying out various physical work like:
- Flag Hoisting
- Indoor classes
- Other Activities.
Besides this, you will be instructed to tackle radical violence, checking panels, etiquette, and all other things a soldier may have to abide by during his duty period to get the job and SSC GD salary.
Commander is in charge till the completion of your training. Initially, in training, you will be provided INSAS Rifles along with Glock Pistol. After having adequate knowledge of operating such weapons, the department will provide you with Heckler and Koch MP5 which is a substitution for AK47. You will also be taught how to coordinate with your fellows. There are also some technicalities that a soldier needs to learn. Learn more about the SSC GD Constable salary for BSF below.
After the completion of the training period, the duties of the GD Constable will be as follows:
- In the absence of Sub-Inspector and Asst. Sub-Inspector, SSC GD Constable acts as SHO or in charge of the police station.
- He/ She is authorized to investigate when he is asked to do so by the Sub Inspector.
- He/ She will be in charge of guard or escort when deputed.
- He/ She would be responsible for carrying out the general duty in police stations, as a station writer, as an officer in charge of outpost and guards, armed reserves, and in charge of beat areas in rural and town police stations.
Also check: SSC GD Book
SSC GD Job Profile Department-wise
Article 355 of the Constitution enjoins the Union to protect every State against external aggression and internal disturbance and to ensure that the Government of every State is carried on by the provisions of the Constitution. In pursuance of these obligations, the Ministry of Home Affairs continuously monitors the internal security situation, issues appropriate advisories and shares intelligence inputs with the help of the Armed Forces to restore peace and harmony without encroaching upon the constitutional rights of the States.
Below we have provided all the details regarding the job profile for various departments, including BSF, ITBP, CISF, SSB, and CRPF. You must have a good idea about the job profile and not just the SSC GD Salary before applying.
SSC GD Job Profile of BSF
The primary SSC GD Constable job in the Border Security Force (BSF) is to provide internal security at Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border. BSF being a part of CAPF, is also entrusted to maintain law and order on the requisition of state government. Here are some of the key roles of a GD Constable in BSF:
- They are responsible for anti-infiltration and preventing unauthorized entry and exit into the Indian territory
- They also gather trans-border intelligence
- They prevent smuggling and other illegal activities across the border areas
SSC GD Job Profile in ITBP
The GD Constable of ITBP is to retain peace in the designated areas and promote a sense of security among the locals. Here are the key roles of GD Constable in ITBP:
- A GD Constable in ITBP will be responsible for protecting the borders between China and India from Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh
- They keep vigilance on the northern borders
- They are liable for preserving and restoring law and order in any area in case of disturbance
- They prevent illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling and counteract border violations
- ITBP GD Constable also provides security to threatened VIPs and sensitive installations
SSC GD Job Profile in CISF
The basic role of a GD Constable in CISF is to provide security to PSUs, Airports, Metros, and other essential infrastructures. The other major roles of a GD Constable in CISF are mentioned below:
- They are responsible for the safety, protection, and security of industrial undertaking/ installations and protect against fire hazards
- They also look after the government infrastructure projects and industrial units
- Special Security Group (SSG), which is a special division of CISF, protects persons nominated by the Home Ministry
SSC GD in SSB
Shastra Seema Bal candidates are recruited to examine and prevent cross-border illegal activities and crimes within the borders of India. They are liable for the protection of the Indo-Nepal, and Indo-Bhutan borders.
SSC GD Constable in CRPF
CRPF is the largest paramilitary organization under the Home Ministry. The fundamental job of the GD Constable recruited to CRPF is to look after the internal security of every part of India (as assigned to the division). There are other responsibilities of CRPF GD Constable, which are listed below:
- They provide VIP security at the time of elections.
- They are also responsible for guarding vital installations and counter-Naxal operations.
- GD Constable of CRPF gets to participate in the Indian Peace Keeping Force and go for UN Peacekeeping missions.
SSC GD Rifleman in Assam Rifles
Rifleman in Assam Rifles is recruited to provide internal security on the Indo-Myanmar border. Assam Rifles has 46 battalions and works as an associated command and administrative backup. The Rifleman in Assam Rifles performs various duties, which are as follows:
- They provide support to civil authorities (Police) in case of emergency.
- They are also aid with medical assistance, provision of communications in a natural calamity, and provide education in remote areas.
- They act as a combat force in securing the rear areas at the time of war.
SSC GD Constable Job Profile in SSF
Secretariat Security Force (Secretariat Security Force) GD Constables work under a chief security officer comparable to the Deputy Superintendent of Police rank. The Constables are responsible for entry into Secretariat premises, maintenance of internal discipline, protection of secretariat property, and regulation for taking material out of secretariat premises.