MBA Entrance Exam provides a key opportunity to enter the top colleges in India to study MBA. The candidates, interested in joining different MBA programs and PG diploma courses must be well versed with MBA Entrance Exam eligibility, syllabus, exam types and important topics to be studied. These days, MBA has become one of the most desired degrees in and out of the country by graduates. It is a two years program and the candidates who clear the MBA Exam and join top colleges get a plethora of opportunities within the corporate world. There ate both state-level and national-level MBA Entrance Exam in India, which include SNAP, CAT, IIFT, MBA CET, NMAT, CMAT, MAT, and more.
IIM conducts CAT every year and it is the most popular MBA Entrance Exam, as IIM is always the first priority among the candidates. After CAT, the second most popular MBA Exam is CMAT, which is conducted by the NTA annually. Apart from these two, the third most popular MBA Entrance Exam is XAT, conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur. Candidates who are interested to join XLRI and other XAMI institutes can take part in this MBA Exam. You can choose other MBA Entrance Exams like NMAT, MAT, MBA CET, SNAP, and other state-level exams to study MBA in recognized colleges. Read on to know more about MBA Exam that you can take part in the upcoming years. This information will help you to know and to decide which is the most suitable MBA Entrance Exam for you.
What is MBA Entrance Exam?
The candidates may know that MBA Exam is the getaway to Top MBA Colleges in India, including IIFT, IIMs, XLRI, IITs, FMS, and more. There is both national-level and state-level exam, which helps the candidates to get an opportunity to study MBA in respective institute. MBA is basically a terminal and a professional degree. It covers a wide range of business fields like accounting, marketing & management. Not limited to this, an MBA degree is also for those who are interested in pursuing a career in the private, government & public sectors.
Additionally, there are no such eligibility criteria to appear in MBA Entrance Exam. The only MBA Eligibility is the candidates have to complete UG courses in any stream from a recognized university. Here BYJU'S Exam Prep experts have given all the details related to MBA Entrance Exam, including dates, types, syllabus, online coaching & test series facilities, and preparation tips.
MBA Entrance Exam Date 2023-24
Here is the list of some popular MBA Exams in India that can be taken up for admission to the MBA 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic session. You can check the MBA Entrance Exam 2023-24 dates notification below.
Types of MBA Entrance Exams
There are three types of MBA exams, conducted in India. It includes the below categorizations:
- State-Level MBA Entrance Exam: It includes MBA CET, OJEE MBA, KMAT, APICET, TSICET, TANCET, and more.
- National-Level MBA Entrance Exam: It includes, CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, SNAP, NMAT, ATMA, and more.
- Institute-Level MBA Exam: It includes IIFT, MICAT, TISSNET, IBSAT, HPU MAT, NBSAT, and more
State-Level MBA Entrance Exam
The state-level MBA Exam in India provides the opportunity to study MBA within the respective state boundary. Note the below-mentioned points to know about the state-level MBA Entrance Exam conducted in India.
Overview of MBA CET
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test MBA CET is a state-level MBA entrance exam. It is conducted by the DTE, Maharashtra annually, for admission to different management courses in various MBA colleges in Maharashtra. CET MBA is usually held in the month of July-August. Candidates have to answer 200 questions for a total duration of 150 minutes. The MBA CET Question Paper consists of three sections:
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning
National-Level MBA Exam
It includes different exams including CAT, MAT, and more which provides the candidates to study in the top-most B-schools in India. Note the below section to get all the details about the national-level MBA Entrance Exam conducted in India.
Common Admission Test CAT
It is the most popular national-level MBA Exam in India. It is conducted every year by one of the IIMs in the month of November (Last Sunday). The candidates who will clear CAT Cut Off will get an opportunity to study MBA at over 200+ institutes in India. A total of 66 questions (MCQ + TITA) are asked in this exam from the below-mentioned three sections:
Common Management Admission Test CMAT
It is one of the most popular MBA Entrance Exams after the CAT. It is conducted by NTA every year for MBA admission into different AICTE-approved colleges. CMAT is an online CBT exam and questions are asked from the below-mentioned sections:
- Quantitative Technique
- General Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Management Aptitude Test MAT
It is one of the most popular national-level MBA Entrance Exam. The candidate who will appear for this MBA Exam will get an opportunity to study at 600+ Top MBA Colleges in India Accepting MAT. It is held 4 times in a year: February, May, September, and December. MAT is held in three exam modes including CBT, PBT, and IBT, and a total of 200 questions are asked from the below chapters.
- Indian and Global Environment
- Mathematical Skills
- Language Comprehension
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
MBA Entrance Exam XAT
It is one of the top and toughest MBA Exams in India. XAT is an online CBT-based exam conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur. As per the trends, this exam is usually held on the first Sunday of January. XAT Exam consists of two-part including:
- Part 1: Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- Part 2: GK and Essay Writing
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test SNAP
It is conducted by SIU every year for admission into SIU-affiliated colleges. The candidates who are interested to appear for this MBA Entrance Exam must prepare the below-mentioned section well in advance.
- General English
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Highlights of NMAT
NMIMS Management Aptitude Test NMAT is a popular MBA Entrance Exam conducted by GMAC every year. It is an online CBT-based test, held over a 75-day testing window, between October and December. A total of 108 MCQs are in this exam, which is needed to solve within 120 minutes. Candidates need to attempt 108 MCQs in 120 minutes. The NMAT has 3 main sections:
- Language Skills
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Skills
Institute Level MBA Entrance Exam
These are the institute-specific MBA exams conducted in India. Note the section below to get all the details about the institute-wise MBA Entrance Exam in India.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT
It is conducted by IIFT Delhi every year for admission into different IIFT campuses in India. This exam score is used only for admission to IIFT. The total time duration of this exam is 2 hours, in which the candidates are given 110 MCQs to solve.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Knowledge & Awareness
Highlights of MICAT MBA Entrance Exam
MICAT is an online entrance test conducted by MICA Ahmedabad for 2 two-year PGDM courses in Communication. The candidates who are interested to appear in this test, first need to clear other MBA Entrance Exam like CAT, GMAT, and XAT. This exam consists of 3 parts:
- Part 1: Psychometric Test
- Part 2: Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, GK, Divergent- Convergent Thinking
- Part 3: Descriptive Thinking
Overview of TISSNET
It is an institute-level MBA Entrance Exam conducted by TISS Mumbai every year. The candidates who will appear for this exam will get an opportunity to study MA in HRM and BM in 4 TISS Campuses, including Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, and Guwahati. It is a CBT-based test and the candidates must prepare the below-mentioned chapter before applying for this exam.
- English Proficiency
- Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
MBA Entrance Exam Eligibility
In order to appear in the MBA Exam, the candidates must fulfil the basic eligibility status. The MBA Entrance Exam eligibility is as follows:
- One of the basic eligibility criteria is a bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university.
- The degree won't work alone but needs a minimum score of overall 50% marks in graduation. However, for the reserved category, it is 45% in aggregate.
- Students appearing in the final year of graduation can also appear in MBA Entrance Exam only on the condition to provide proof of completion of a Graduation degree at the time of admission.
The 2-year Full-time MBA program is divided into 4 semesters. Below you can find the MBA Syllabus for the same divided into semesters:
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Economic Environment of Business
Management of Information System
Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
International Business Environment
MBA Entrance Exam: Jobs & Career Opportunities
The various sectors among which an MBA graduate can find employment include the following:
- Banking & Finance
- Information System Management
- Investment Banking
- Management Consulting
- Private Equity
- Data Analytics
MBA Entrance Exam Pattern
The pattern of MBA Exams is almost similar for all types of exams. You can check only a slight variation in total marks, questions, duration etc.
- The total duration for the MBA Entrance Exam usually ranges from 120-140 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked in the exam ranges from 40 – 100 questions.
- The MBA entrance exam is conducted in 3 slots, for example, CAT.
- The exam pattern and test structure could seem more flexible in the time to be allocated to each section which could vary from 40-45 min.
- Negative marking is also included in the MBA Exams so students should be cautious while answering the questions.
Before pursuing any course, a student is more curious to know its outcome. Well, it is so obvious and appropriate for an MBA degree holder to know the salary being received for various job profiles. However, it will all be dependent on a manager's skills based on planning, strategizing, execution, coordination, delegation of work and responsibilities, etc.
Approx. Avg. salary per annum (in lakhs)
4.5 - 5
Digital Marketing Manager
4.5 - 5
Human Resources Manager
4 – 4.5
Healthcare & Hospital Manager
4 – 4.5
4.5 - 5
Transport & Logistics Manager
6 - 6.5
6 - 6.5
Import & Export Manager
6 - 6.5
IT & Systems Manager
7 – 7.5
7 – 7.5
6.5 - 7
8 - 9
10 - 11
10 – 10.5
Advertising Sales Manager
8 – 8.5
International Business Manager
9.5 - 10
10 - 11
Data Analytics Manager
MBA Entrance Exam Test Series
Test Series is the best solution to check your actual preparation level for the exam. BYJU'S Exam Prep brings you a wide range of MBA Entrance Exam Test Series to prepare for MBA entrance exams and beat the competition with ease.
Practising MBA Mock Tests will enable you to work on your weak areas and prepare for the exam deliberately. Hence, it always suggested practising more and more questions in order to get tips and speed on the fingers.
MBA Entrance Exam Online Coaching
At this point in time, when there is a mad rush of coaching centres claiming success and other enumerated reasons to join them, we would suggest you join MBA Entrance Exam Online Coaching.
The reason behind joining the online live coaching for MBA Entrance Exam is to save time and get a personal touch with expert mentors to guide you for better exam preparation. Not only this, but you also have several other benefits which cannot be found in an offline coaching centre, these are:
- Live Doubt Sessions
- Ample Resources
- Repeat Class option
- Save Travel Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Lower Cost
Click on the link below and join exam-wise online classes to prepare for the upcoming MBA Entrance Exam.
MBA Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
To crack the MBA Entrance Exam, it is important to follow some common yet inspirational preparation tips as listed below:
- Knowledge of the syllabus & pattern: A deep-rooted understanding of the paper pattern and syllabus is actually crucial to crack the MBA Entrance Exam.
- Effective time management: A perfect schedule covering all the topics along with revision time is considered as effective time management for better preparation. Along with this, it should be followed with complete dedication and diligence.
- Enrol for coaching: An online coaching class can be considered as a bonus to help you work on your weaker zones and will aid you with better practice and shortcuts for comprehension of topics.
- Practice makes perfect: Solving numerous mock tests is the only secret to gain speed and accuracy in the MBA Entrance Exam.