Blood Relations plays a crucial part in any competitive exams. Blood relations question and answers in SSC exams are one kind of logical reasoning questions that forms a majority of marks in SSC CGL CHSL and Railway exams such as RRB NTPC, RRB ALP, RRB JE and RRB Group D.
Blood relations questions and answers in SSC exams are based on relationships of family members that belong to a clan. Knowledge about blood relationships and ability to connect relations are required to answer these types of questions accurately. This article contains all the necessary information related to the topic.
Blood Relations Important Topics for SSC Exams
Initially, the questions are in the form of dialogue or statement. Due to an increase in competition and the importance of questions, several types are introduced, such as coding-decoding and puzzles. So, the right techniques and analysis need to be applied for a correct answer. Two persons identify any relationship. They are Father and Mother. Blood Relations syllabus for SSC exams is the family tree that you’ve to memorise.
Below tables contains some significant relationships terminology
Name Of Relation
Mother’s or father’s brother
Mother’s or father’s brother
Father or mother’s son
Father’s or mother’s father
Mother for father or mother’s mother
Father’s second wife
Son of father/mother
Father’s/ Mother’s Sister
Daughter of Mother/father
Brother’s or Sister’s Son
Brother of Mother/Father
Blood Relations Tips and Tricks for SSC Exams
The following steps help you to solve the questions efficiently.
- Strong Basics- Firstly, the significant terminologies need to be acquainted so that question can be easily understood. Refer to the above table for assistance.
- Family Tree- It is an important and basic step to solve questions quickly. Draw a family tree /blood relation tree as per question and name each relation. Common symbols such as (+)/M = for male, (-)/F= female, vertical and horizontal lines should be used for identification. Even for coding-decoding type questions with the given symbols diagram should be drawn.
- To avoid confusion, regular practice with the use of tricks and diagrams/family tree of relations is required.
- Keep practising Blood Relations quiz for SSC exams, also notes, etc.
Importance of Blood Relations in Reasoning Section
- Maximum questions are in different forms to test the competency.
- The Blood relation is a scoring section in logical reasoning with conceptual understanding and logical deduction from the family tree.
- Easily understandable as it could be related to humans in real life.
- The topic is termed as an important section in logical reasoning for all competitive exams.
Most Recommended Books for Blood Relations
The list of books assists with practice and concept understanding.
List Of Books
1. A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by Dr R.S. AGGARWAL
2. Analytical Reasoning – MK Pandey
3. Study materials and tabulation for RRB and SSC by BYJU'S Exam Prep
Why Prepare Blood Relations from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
The daily practice and solving questions is significant for blood relations in addition to conceptual understanding, as it increases accuracy and ability to draw family trees to identity relations.
BYJU'S Exam Prep -India’s largest Exam preparation Site is consistently supporting aspirants for SSC CGL, RRB NTPC and other competitive exams through online classes, crash course and mock sessions. Questions and lessons are prepared to meet the requirement of the exam with a specific focus on each topic in syllabi. The online classes and doubt clearing sessions from experts in the field, weekly and Blood Relations online tests for SSC exams help in concept building and preparation. All the benefits can be availed with a minimum of subscription, which makes BYJU'S Exam Prep your best choice to prepare every topic along with Blood relations.
Learn further steps to have Blood Relations questions and answers pdf for SSC exams at Gradeup.
Blood Relations problems in SSC exams are tricky, but with practice and experience, you'd be able to ace the problems with no significant complications. Keep practising Blood Relations quiz for SSC exams daily, so you do not have a pending syllabus at the last moment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are Blood relations?
Blood relations are defined as any relationships that are connected by blood such as father, mother, father’s brother and others.
- In which all competitive exams, blood relations are relevant and important?
In addition to the SSC, Railways for Bank exams such as SBI PO, SBI SO, SBI Clerk CAPF, CLSF, IBPS PO, IBPS SO logical questions related to blood relations are asked.
- What is the use of the Family tree/Blood relation tree?
The difficulty level of questions is increased every year due to competition. Timing is a crucial element in solving. So, the family tree or diagrams are drawn based on the questions that help to answer quickly and accurately. So, drawing family trees or diagrams is important in the blood relation section.
- What are the symbols that can be used to represent a relation?
Some of the symbols that can be used are:
- Siblings - (=)
- Generation Gap - ↓
- Husband -Wife - ↔
- Male and Female - (+, -)
- Does the solving method differ from each type of blood relation questions?
The basic knowledge is the same for all forms of questions, but some certain techniques/tricks can be applied to each type for easy solving. For example, The method of solving for coding-decoding requires extra trips to avoid confusion and identify the correct answer.