A synonym is a word that has the same meaning but with another word. English is one of the most important and critical sections in any of the competitive exams, primarily in Staff Selection Commission (SSC), railway exams and others. English vocabulary improves with time and regular reading; thus, to improve English, the candidates are advised to read a variety of books to learn more in a short span of time.
English vocabulary includes the synonyms section; this section is tested directly as well as indirectly in all the recruitment and educational examinations. Various competitive examinations that ask questions based on synonyms are SSC Combined Graduate Level, SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level, and others.
In the English section, synonyms are one of the most important and common topics on which questions are asked, around 2-3 questions are based on synonyms in almost all the competitive exams. Synonyms are usually asked as objective questions with four options, and the candidate is expected to select the right answer.
Important Synonym for SSC Exams
Some of the difficult words and its synonyms for SSC CGL exam are as below:
Fictitious, inaccurate, unauthorised, counterfeit, baseless, disputed
Solitary, ascetic, abstinent, caveman, recluse
Intolerant, narrow-minded, insular, conservative
Exaggeration, overstatement, magnification
Riddle, secret, brain teaser, closed book
Hesitation, worry, apprehension, agitation
Wicked, unholy, demonic, evil
Some of the difficult words and its synonyms for the SSC CHSL exam are as below:
Tips to Solve/Prepare Synonym Questions
Some of the tips that would help you to ace the synonym for SSC exam and score well are as below:
- Improve your vocabulary with the help resources such as daily word list provided by BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- Improve your grammar, as the proper understanding as it is required for attempting various vocabulary questions.
- Practice previous year question papers and synonyms quiz for the competitive exam as this would help you to understand the types of questions asked.
- Make a time table and follow the same for better output.
Importance of Synonym in SSC Exams
- Synonyms help to understand the vocabulary of the candidate.
- Checks your hold and command on the language.
- A test on your reading and remembering skills.
- The synonym quiz in SSC exams plays an essential role in securing good marks in the English section of all the competitive examinations.
Most Recommended books for Synonyms
Regular reading would help to develop and fine-tune your vocabulary skills. Thus, to practice synonyms quiz for competitive exams below mentioned are some of the reference books:
Synonyms and Antonyms: For All Competitive Exams
B. B. Sinha
Dictionary of English Synonyms and Antonyms
A Dictionary of English Synonyms and Synonymous Expressions
Probable Synonyms and Antonyms
Synonyms and Antonyms
Other than these reference books there is various material available online in the form of synonyms questions and answers pdf, synonyms, and antonyms pdf and others that you can download and prepare yourself for the upcoming examinations.
Why prepare Synonyms from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
SSC is working hard to test the knowledge of the candidates every year and is working on improving the difficulty level of the SSC CGL, CHSL, RRB NTPC, ALP and other examinations, especially the vocabulary section. BYJU'S Exam Prep helps you to overcome this challenge and secure good marks in this section of the examination, by providing you synonym quiz questions and synonyms note for SSC. BYJU'S Exam Prep offers structured courses, live classes, synonyms questions and answers pdf for SSC, efficient faculty, performance analysis, and report card for improvement.
As it is known that practice is the key to success, hence do not wait for the last minute. Make a plan and try the synonyms quiz questions with BYJU'S Exam Prep and identify your strengths and weaknesses to score well. Thus, join BYJU'S Exam Prep today to score better in the SSC examinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the SSC upload its Annual Calendar for Examinations?
Ans: The Annual calendar of the SSC examinations for next year is usually uploaded in September or October of the current year.
- Is mandatory registration to apply for SSC examinations?
Ans: Yes, one-time-registration is mandatory for the candidates to apply for any examination of SSC.
- What is the fee to be paid along with the application for competitive exams?
Ans: The Commission charges a fee of Rs. 100/- for each examination. The fee is not refundable.
- Can we pay fees online for competitive exams?
Ans: Yes, you can pay fees online as well as by downloading the SBI challan and making the payment at any SBI branch.
- How many vacancies are there for a particular SSC examination?
Ans: The number of vacancies of various departments is different, and the concerned department would mention the same in the notice of the examinations and on the website.