It is of prime importance for the aspirants to get hold of the CDS eligibility criteria before starting with the preparations for the exam. The eligibility criteria are sorted into three stages. The details of all three stages as mentioned below.
1. Nationality: The CDS eligibility criteria for nationality is as follows.
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01/01/1962, for settling in India permanently, or
(v) an Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam for settling in India permanently.
2. Age-Limit Criteria: The CDS age limit criteria alter according to the posts the candidates are applying for the posts.
- For OTA: 19 - 25 yrs
- For AFA: 19 - 24 yrs
- For INA: 19 - 24 yrs
3. Educational Qualifications: Here is the list of the educational qualifications required for the specified posts:
- Indian Military Academy [IMA]: Degree from a recognised University.
- Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised university/ institute
- Indian Air Force Academy: Bachelor of Engineering or degree from a recognised University [with Maths and Physics] at 10+ 2