IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2021
IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2021 is the primary resource that is followed by the candidates to know the subjects and their important topics. With the release of the official syllabus, candidates can know which section and topics have a good weightage of the questions to be asked in the Prelims & Mains exam. To ease in the preparation, one must know each and every aspect of the IBPS Clerk syllabus and the latest pattern. Knowing the syllabus is the key element before going deep into the preparation for the IBPS Clerk 2021 exam.
In this post, candidates can get a deliberate knowledge about the syllabus for both Prelims as well as for Mains. IBPS Clerk Prelims syllabus comprise of 3 subjects which are English, Reasoning & Quant. While IBPS Clerk Mains syllabus consists of English language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
Latest: IBPS Clerk Notification 2021-22: Exam Date & Online Application Notice
To get you started with your preparation, we have covered every topic asked in the Prelims and Mains syllabus of the IBPS Clerk examination. Let's get started.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2021
IBPS Clerk Prelims syllabus consists of three different sections: the English language, Reasoning Ability, and Numerical Ability. Below you can have a look at the detailed subject-wise syllabus:
IBPS Clerk English Syllabus 2021
The English section carries a total of 30 marks. Since the sectional timing is already last year, you have to complete the English section in just 20 minutes.
Type of Questions Asked
One or two passages can be asked with antonyms & synonyms that can be easy to moderate.
Error Detection/ Sentence Correction
Errors are needed to be detected in the sentences. These are usually of Easy to Moderate level.
Fill in the Blanks
Usually, the questions are asked in a double filler form comprising a level of easy to moderate.
In this, you have to correct the error & it is expected to be of easy to moderate level.
5-6 sentences of a paragraph need to be rearranged. These are usually of easy to moderate level.
It is a test in which one is asked to supply words that have been removed from the passage.
Look up our page in the English language to know more about the syllabus and Exam pattern of IBPS clerk 2021.
Attempt English Language Quizzes on BYJU'S Exam Prep
IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability Syllabus 2021
The Numerical Ability section carries a total of 35 marks. There will be a total of 35 questions to be asked in this section. The time duration of Numerical Ability is 20 minutes.
Type of Questions Asked
These types of questions include complete the series or find the missing/wrong term.
This topic deals with different sub-topics which are Percentage and Average, ratio & proportions, partnerships, Profit & loss, calculations of simple & compound interests, etc.
1-2 sets of DI are asked comprising Line Graphs, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables, Missing Data Type Caselets.
In this, you have to solve the given two variables to know the relation between both the variables.
This section includes questions from topics like Age-based problems, Time Work and Wages, Mixture and Alligations, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit Loss and Discount, Boats, and Streams, Probability
Simple interest & Compound Interest
In this, you have to find out the simple interest and compound interest.
IBPS Clerk Reasoning Syllabus 2021
The Reasoning section carries a total of 35 marks. The time duration of the Reasoning section is 20 marks.
Type of Questions Asked
Coded or Direct Inequality based questions are asked.
Questions are usually based on Linear/Circular or square arrangement & puzzles are usually rows & floor-based etc with 2-3 parameters.
- Circular-5 Questions
- Linear-5 Questions
Alphanumeric/ Number Series
A series of alphabets are combined with numbers.
This section includes the question from topics like Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Order and Ranking, etc.
You can expect 4-5 direct questions in the prelims exam. Questions based on Reverse Syllogism may be asked in the Mains phase.
Questions from this topic may be based on simple word coding, sentence coding, or the new pattern-based coding questions.
The level of these questions is expected to be of a moderate level.
IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus 2021
You can go through the detailed IBPS Clerk Mains exam syllabus of General Awareness, English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude below. Knowing the syllabus for Mains prior will help you to know the topics asked in the exam and prepare accordingly.
1. Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Mains
Questions from the following topics can be expected in the exam:
2. English Language Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Mains
You can expect questions from the under-mentioned topics in the English section:
- Reading Comprehension ( at least 2 sets)
- Cloze Test (New + Old Pattern)
- Spotting Errors (Special focus on new pattern based questions)
- Sentence Improvement
- Para Jumbles (New Pattern)
- Fill in the Blanks / Double Fillers
- Odd One Out/ Theme-based questions
- Sentence Connectors
- Paragraph/ Sentence Completion
- Vocabulary based questions (especially Synonyms-Antonyms)
3. Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Mains
Questions from the following topics may be asked under the Reasoning section in the exam:
- Puzzles (High level with at least 2 parameters)
- Seating Arrangement (Both Circular and Linear, in combination with other parameters)
- Inequality (Both Direct and Coded)
- Syllogism (Try to go through the new syllogism pattern)
- Coding-Decoding (special emphasis on the New pattern)
- Order and Ranking
- Direction based problems (Direct as well as coded)
- Blood Relations (Coded as well as Direct)
- Series based questions
- Data Sufficiency
- Verbal Reasoning
- Flowchart based questions for Computer Aptitude
4. General Awareness Syllabus of IBPS Clerk Mains
Questions in the GA section might be asked from the following topics:
- Questions will be asked mainly from the Current Affairs & Banking Awareness topics
- This section may also include questions on Books & authors, Currencies, Important Places, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Minister's Schemes, Important Days, etc.
- It would be advisable to go through the GK updates of at least the last 4-5 months.
- Do not forget to prepare for static GK part as well, especially the countries, their capitals, and currencies (Try to focus especially on the countries that have been in news lately, for instance, the countries visited by our Prime Minister or President or with whom any major MoU has been signed).
- We will publish a GK Tornado to help you prepare for the IBPS Clerk Mains exam more efficiently. Meanwhile, you can follow the links below to prepare for this section:
(a) Current Affairs Notes
(b) GK Updates
(c) Static Awareness Notes