CAT 2020 Question Paper - Key Highlights
CAT 2020 question paper had 3 slots with 120 minutes total time duration for each slot. Check the table below for key highlights of the CAT 2020 question paper.
CAT 2020 Exam Sections
Total number of questions
Total time duration
120 minutes (Was reduced from 180 minutes)
Sectional time limit
Check CAT Cutoff
CAT 2020 Question Paper - Number of Questions
CAT 2020 question paper consisted of three sections, including VARC, DILR, and QA. However, the number of questions was altered. Note the below table to get an idea about the number of questions and changes in CAT 2020 question paper.
CAT Exam Section
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Download CAT 2020 Question Paper PDF
The aspirants who wish to appear for the upcoming CAT exam can download the CAT 2020 question paper pdf with solutions and start preparation. Additionally, they can attend BYJU’S Exam Prep CAT online classes and attempt CAT test series to analyse your preparation level. BYJU’S Exam Prep experts have compiled the CAT 2020 question paper with solution PDF file to assist you in your preparation.
CAT 2020 Question Paper
You can also practice CAT 2020 question paper with solution online
CAT 2020 Question Paper- Analysis
There were 3 slots in the CAT 2020 exam. Note the below section to get an idea about the slot-wise analysis of the CAT 2020 question paper.
CAT 2020 Question Paper - Slot 1
As per analysis, the overall difficulty level for Slot 1: CAT 2020 question paper is moderate to difficult.
- The VARC section was comparatively difficult. There were 26 questions were asked in a total of which 18 questions (4 sets) were from RC passages, 8 questions were from Verbal ability.
- The DILR section was moderately difficult. A total of 24 questions were asked mostly from Logical reasoning.
- QA section was easiest and the numbers of TITA questions were 8. Most of the questions were asked from arithmetic and algebra.
CAT 2020 Question Paper - Slot 2
CAT 2020 question paper slot 2 was more difficult than slot 1 and slot 3 question paper. As er analysis, the overall difficulty level was difficult.
- DILR questions were difficult and most of the questions were from the Logical Reasoning
- VARC section was moderately difficult with 4 sets of RC passages. The total numbers of TITA questions in this section were 5
- Questions were asked from arithmetic and algebra in the QA section. Additionally, the geometry questions were very easy to solve.
CAT 2020 Question Paper - Slot 3
The overall difficulty level was moderate to difficult.
- VARC questions were difficult enough as para jumbles were asked. The total numbers of TITA questions were 5. The summary based questions in VARC were very easy
- QA section was comparatively easier and no questions were asked from modern maths
- DILR was moderately difficult. Questions were asked from Venn Diagram, tournaments, and games
CAT previous year’s question papers are the best study sources and help aspirants check their performance. Try to solve CAT 2020 question paper to learn time management, understand the difficulty level of the exam, and check whether you have completed the entire CAT syllabus or not. Stay updated with the BYJU’S Exam Prep for the latest information about the upcoming CAT exam.