CAT 2020 Question Paper Highlights
As per expert opinion, CAT Question Paper 2020 is the best source of preparation for aspirants thinking of appearing in the upcoming CAT Exam. You must solve CAT 2020 Question Paper at regular intervals to get valuable insight into your CAT Preparation. Download the CAT 2020 Question Paper PDF with solutions to better understand the CAT Exam Pattern, the total number of questions, question types, difficulty level, and overall weightage.
CAT 2020 Question Paper consisted of 76 questions in total, which were further divided as follows:
- VARC: 26 Questions
- DILR: 24 Questions
- QA: 24 Questions
The VARC section is CAT Question Paper 2020 was the most difficult. You can Download the CAT 2020 Question Paper with Solution PDF file using the direct link mentioned in this article. Check the table below for key highlights of the CAT Exam Question Paper 2020.
Detail Analysis of CAT 2020 Question Paper
CAT 2020 Exam Sections
VARC: 26 Questions
DILR: 24 Questions
QA: 26 Questions
Total questions in CAT 2020 Question Paper
Total time duration
120 minutes (Was reduced from 180 minutes)
Sectional time limit
Marking scheme in CAT 2020 Question Paper
+3 for every right attempt
-1 for every wrong attempt
No negative marking for non-MCQs
☛ Also Check CAT Cut Off
Download CAT 2020 Question Paper With Solution PDF
The aspirants who wish to appear for the upcoming exam can download the CAT 2020 Question Paper PDF with solutions and start preparation. Additionally, they can attend BYJU'S Exam Prep CAT Online Classes and attempt CAT Test Series to analyse their preparation level. Our experts have compiled the CAT 2020 Question Paper With Solution PDF file to assist you in your preparation.
Additionally, you can also practice slot-wise CAT 2020 Question Paper online from the below link.
CAT Question Paper 2020 - Sectional Weightage
CAT 2020 Question Paper consisted of three sections: VARC, DILR, and QA. However, the number of questions was altered due to the covid-19 pandemic. Note the below table to get an idea about the number of questions and changes in the CAT 2020 Question Paper.
CAT Exam Section
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
CAT 2020 Question Paper Marking Scheme
The candidates must note that the marking scheme in CAT Question Paper 2020 was different for MCQs and TITA questions. See the table below to get an overview of the marking scheme followed by the CAT authority.
Type of Questions
CAT Marking Scheme
Negative Marking in CAT
☛ See Also:
CAT 2020 Question Paper Analysis
There were 3 slots in the CAT 2020 exam. Note the below section to get an idea about the slot-wise analysis of the CAT 2020 Question Paper..
CAT Question Paper 2020 - Slot 1 Analysis
As per analysis, the overall difficulty level for Slot 1: CAT 2020 question paper is moderate to difficult.
- The VARC section of the CAT 2020 Question Paper was comparatively difficult. There were 26 questions in total, of which 18 (4 sets) were from RC passages and 8 were from Verbal ability.
- The DILR section of the CAT 2020 Question Paper was moderately difficult. A total of 24 questions were asked, mostly from Logical reasoning.
- The QA section was the easiest, and the numbers of TITA questions were 8. Most of the questions were asked in arithmetic and algebra.
CAT 2020 Question Paper - Slot 2 Analysis
The difficulty level of CAT Question Paper slot 2 was more than slot 1 and slot 3 question paper. As per analysis, the overall difficulty level of the CAT 2020 Question Paper was difficult.
- DILR questions were difficult, and most of the questions were from the Logical Reasoning
- The VARC section of the CAT 2020 Question Paper was moderately difficult, with 4 sets of RC passages. The total numbers of TITA questions in this section were 5
- Questions were asked about arithmetic and algebra in the QA section. Additionally, the geometry questions were very easy to solve.
☛ See Also:
CAT Question Paper 2020 - Slot 3 Analysis
The overall difficulty level was moderate to difficult.
- VARC questions in CAT 2020 Question Paper were difficult enough as para jumbles were asked. The total numbers of TITA questions were 5. The summary-based questions in VARC were very easy
- The QA section of the CAT 2020 Question Paper was comparatively easier, and no questions were asked from modern maths.
- DILR was moderately difficult. Questions were asked from Venn Diagram, tournaments, and games.
Advantages of Solving CAT 2020 Question Paper
The aspirants will get many advantages if they prepare and solve CAT Question Paper 2020 with solutions.
- You will learn time management strategies and will be able to manage time while attempting the exam if you solve CAT 2020 Question Paper regularly.
- Get to know about the detailed analysis of the CAT Question Paper 2020 and the types of questions asked.
CAT Previous Year Question Papers are the best study sources and help aspirants check their performance. Try to solve CAT 2020 question paper to learn time management, understand the difficulty level of the exam, and check whether you have completed the entire CAT Syllabus or not. Stay updated with BYJU'S Exam Prep for the latest information about the upcoming CAT exam.