The elucidated prelims SBI PO syllabus has been provided. It is a qualifying stage. The main topics are Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, coding-decoding, syllogism, number series, and quadratic equations. The applicants must score well to advance to the subsequent stages of the screening process.
The elaborated SBI PO syllabus of the prelims has been mentioned herewith. Also, check out the weightage of the exam, and analyze the most important topics for the exam. The aspirants should be familiar with the Prelims syllabus to crack this. We have elucidated the main subjects and sections in the Prelims exam herein:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
SBI PO English Syllabus For Prelims
Based on last year's analysis, the English section's overall level is expected to be Moderate. Below, aspirants can check out the SBI PO English syllabus for Prelims and the weightage based on the previous year's analysis. Please note that the topics below might not necessarily be asked in the exam.
|SBI PO Prelims Syllabus for the English Language|
|Reading Comprehension||7-10 Questions|
|Cloze Test||5-10 Questions|
|Spotting Errors||5-10 Questions|
|Para Jumble||4-5 Questions|
|Sentence Improvement||5-8 Questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||5-7 Questions|
|Vocabulary-based Questions||4-5 Questions|
|Sentence Connectors||3-4 Questions|
|Sentence Completion||3-3 Questions|
Reading Comprehension SBI PO Syllabus
- The passages for Reading Comprehension will most likely be based on economics or social issues economy.
- Try to go through the articles of ‘The Economist’ since most of the passages last year were picked from this newspaper.
- Have a thorough practice of the new pattern-based Cloze Test Questions
- The passages will likely be based on the socio-economic theme.
Para-Jumble for SBI PO Syllabus
Under these questions, usually, a set of 4-5 sentences is provided (where the first sentence may or may not be fixed), and the candidate must ascertain the correct sequence of those sentences so that they form a coherent passage.
SBI PO Syllabus for Sentence Improvement
Under sentence improvement, usually, a word(s)/ part(s) of the sentence is given in bold, and one needs to identify the correct option, which can be used to replace them in the sentence.
Important Topics in SBI PO English Syllabus
Numerous other topics hold importance to the SBI PO syllabus 2022. The vocabulary-based questions fill in the blanks, and many other topics have been discussed here. Check out the topics covered in the SBI PO syllabus here:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Vocabulary-based Questions
- Sentence Connector
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Formation
- Match the column
SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus
Aspirants can go through the important topics that may be/expected to be asked in the reasoning section under the SBI PO Prelims syllabus and their respective questions in the table below. Check out the important sections of the Reasoning Ability of Prelims Exam.
The SBI PO syllabus for the Reasoning Ability section for the Prelims exam is noted above. Numerous topics are elaborated on here. Questions on Input-Output were usually asked in the main examination of bank exams. However, this topic was also asked in certain shifts of the SBI PO exam last year. The Input-output, series-based questions, and other miscellaneous topics are laid below:
- Series-based SBI PO Prelims Syllabus (Alphanumeric and Numeric): Besides Inequality, series-based questions are also easy to attempt. Questions may be based on a combination of alphabets, symbols, and numbers or just alphabets/ numbers.
- Miscellaneous Questions: Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Order, Ranking, etc. Usually, 2-3 questions are asked from these topics.
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
In the table below, we have provided the list of important topics covered in the SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus, which may be asked in the Prelims exam from the Quantitative Aptitude section, as well as their expected weightage.
SBI PO Syllabus For Data Interpretation
The SBI PO prelims syllabus for the Quantitative Aptitude section has maximum questions from data interpretation. Questions of Data Interpretation are usually based on basic calculations like Ratios, Proportions, Averages, Profit/ Loss, Percentages, etc. So, understand the basics of these topics properly. The bar/ Line/ Pie/ Tabular chart may ask the questions. However, interpreting the data from any of these forms becomes easy with sufficient practice.
Miscellaneous Arithmetic SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
- Questions from the arithmetic section may be asked from topics like Averages, Percentages, Problems on Ages, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Simple & Compound Interest, Mixture & Alligation, Time & Work, Boats & Streams, Pipes & Cisterns, Time Speed & Distance, Probability, Mensuration, etc.
- Understand the concepts and basic formulas which are commonly used in the solution of these questions.