SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2021
SBI PO Syllabus 2021 is an important tool to prepare and score positive in the exam. The syllabus for SBI Probationary officer post is slightly different for the Prelims and Mains stage of examination. However, the SBI PO syllabus is similar to that of other bank exams.
Knowing the SBI PO syllabus prior will help you to understand the topics being asked in the exam and prepare accordingly. SBI PO Prelims syllabus consists of three different sections which are English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude.
Other than the SBI PO syllabus, candidates are also advised to have a look at the SBI PO previous year papers to know the weightage of each topic for the SBI PO 2021 exam. Scroll down to get the detailed SBI PO syllabus for the prelims and mains exam along with the weightage of each topic based on the previous year's analysis.
SBI PO Mains Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude Syllabus 2021
Questions in this section would be asked from the following topics -
1) Puzzles - the level for this is expected to be difficult. Try to practice questions involving at least 2-3 parameters. The type of puzzles that are asked in the exam is as follows:
- Box Based
- Floor Based
- Wing Based
- Mix type
2) Seating Arrangement - This topic will be difficult and may be asked in combination with other reasoning topics like Blood relations, ranking or other parameters. Following are the types of seating arrangement questions asked in the exam:
- Dual Row
- Square-based etc.
3) Inequality - Try to practice Coded as well as direct questions from this topic.
4) Syllogism - You can expect a moderate level of questions on syllogism. Make sure that you cover normal as well as Reverse Syllogism
5) Input-Output - You can expect 1 set of this topic as well. Try to practice single as well as double-shifting arrangements.
6) Coding-Decoding - This topic again may be asked based on a new pattern, so practice accordingly. Try to practice number coding-based questions as well.
7) Verbal Reasoning - You can expect around 10-15 questions from the verbal section. This may involve topics like -
- Statement and Assumption
- Statement and Course of Action
- Statement and Argument
- Cause and Effect
- The deriving conclusion from a passage
8) Data Sufficiency - Try to cover questions based on 2-3 statements. Questions would be based on other topics of the reasoning section, so a thorough practice will help you in this section.
9) Miscellaneous topics - This involves questions from Blood Relations, Direction Sense and Ranking.
10) Computer Aptitude - You can also come across 5-6 questions on this topic, which may be passage/ flowchart-based.
SBI PO Mains Data Analysis and Interpretation Syllabus 2021
This section would mostly comprise of Data interpretation questions. You can expect questions from the following topics -
- Bar graph
- Line graph
- Pie chart (single or double)
- Tabular graph
- Radar chart
- Mixed graphs (a combination of any 2 of the above)
- Caselet/ Paragraph DI
- Missing graphs
Apart from this, questions can also be asked from the following topics -
- Data Sufficiency
- Few Arithmetic problems (especially probability)
- Quantity based inequality problems.
SBI PO Mains English Language Syllabus 2021
This section had major variations last year. Cover the following topics for the English language -
- Reading Comprehension - You can expect 2 sets of RC, mostly from the banking/ economy based topic
- Cloze test & Double fillers - Try to practice questions from this topic based on new as well as the old pattern
- Para jumbles & Sentence Rearrangement- This topic again may be asked based on the old or new pattern
- Odd one out/ Theme based questions - This involves questions where you need to identify the statement that does not follow the theme of the passage.
- Statement and Paragraph completion - You may come across these questions as well where you need to identify the statement which would most suitably fill up the blank in the passage.
- Sentence Connectors - These are the new type of questions that were introduced last year, so thoroughly practice this topic.
- New Types of Sentence Correction, Sentence Improvement, and Error Spotting Questions.
SBI PO Mains General Awareness Syllabus 2021
This section would comprise of questions from the following topics -
- Current Affairs
- Banking / Financial Awareness
- Static Affairs
a) Current Affairs -
Try to cover the current affairs of the last 4-5 months to prepare for this section. Focus more on current news based on banking and finances. We will update the GK tornado for the SBI PO Main exam soon. Do not forget to attempt Daily GK and current affairs quiz for this.
Daily GK Quiz
Topic Wise Current Affairs Quiz
b) Banking Awareness -
A major chunk of questions under general awareness would be asked from banking awareness. So, prepare different topics of this section thoroughly. Make sure that you attempt the Financial Awareness quiz regularly.
Banking Awareness Quiz
c) Static Affairs -
Topics under this section involve - Major organizations/ banks - their taglines and headquarters, Important dates, books and authors, Countries - their capital and currency (especially the ones that have been in news recently), Important wildlife sanctuaries, and national parks along with their locations. You can follow our series, World around us to prepare for this section better. Make sure that you attempt Static gk quiz on a regular basis.