BPSC Syllabus 2023
BPSC Syllabus 2023 is segregated into two written stages, Prelims and Mains. BPSC Prelims exam is the first stage which is qualifying in nature. Candidates who clear Prelims appear for the BPSC Mains exam which is conventional in nature. Merit list shall be determined on the basis of the marks obtained in BPSC Mains and Interview. No change is there in BPSC syllabus 2023 so far.
BPSC aspirants can download BPSC syllabus for Prelim and Mains in English and Hindi here. You must note that the candidates who qualify BPSC Mains exam will have to appear for the interview as well. Hence, to ensure that you are fully prepared for the upcoming 68th BPSC exam, we have provided you with a detailed syllabus with the important topics and sub-topics here for all papers.
Check: BPSC Syllabus in Hindi (बीपीएससी सिलेबस हिंदी में)
BPSC Syllabus PDF 2023 Download
To help you understand the BPSC exam syllabus, we have provided the BPSC Syllabus PDF in Hindi. Alternatively, you can also download the exam syllabus in English by clicking on the link that is given below.
By knowing the BPSC syllabus in both English and Hindi, you will be able to get hold of the syllabus as per your language of convenience.
बीपीएससी सिलेबस 2023 | बीपीएससी सिलेबस हिंदी में
उम्मीदवार नीचे दिए गए लिंक पर क्लिक करके बीपीएससी पाठ्यक्रम 2023 को हिंदी में डाउनलोड कर सकते हैं। निम्नलिखित बीपीएससी पाठ्यक्रम पीडीएफ में प्रीलिम्स और मेन्स दोनों के लिए पाठ्यक्रम शामिल है जो परीक्षा के दृष्टिकोण से महत्वपूर्ण विषयों और उप-विषयों पर एक अच्छी स्पष्टता देता है।
⇒ बीपीएससी सिलेबस को हिंदी में पीडीएफ डाउनलोड करें
BPSC Mains Syllabus
BPSC Mains syllabus focuses majorly on the General Studies knowledge of the candidates. There shall be 4 papers in the Mains exam consisting of General Hindi, General Studies 1, General Studies 2 and Optional subject.
The candidates can select any one paper out of a list of 34 papers for the BPSC Mains exam. Below is the syllabus for the BPSC Mains exam for all the subjects.
BPSC Syllabus Topics for Mains
General Hindi (Qualifying)
General Studies Paper 1
General Studies Paper 2
BPSC Mains Syllabus for Hindi
BPSC Syllabus for Mains exam for Hindi shall be descriptive in nature and will be qualifying. The syllabus for Hindi shall be based on the Bihar School Education Board (BSEB) level. You can study from any good book for Hindi to prepare for this subject. The details of the topics in the Mains syllabus are given below.
निबंध (Essay): An essay will have to be written in Hindi on any one topic as given in the paper
व्याकरण (Grammar): अलंकार, पर्यायवाची, विलोम, तत्सम एवं तदभव, वर्तनी, लिंग, कारक, आदि|
वाक्य विन्यास (Syntax)
BPSC Mains Syllabus for GS Paper 1
BPSC Syllabus for GS papers and optional papers have an importance that will determine your merit list. The BPSC Syllabus for GS Paper 1 is an extension of what you studied for the Prelims. However, for the Mains syllabus, you would need to answer the questions in a descriptive manner. Here is the syllabus for GS Paper 1 exam for BPSC.
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture: This will have questions based on India's history with special reference to Bihar from the 19th century onwards.
- Modern History of Bihar will have questions on the introduction and expansion of western education, technical education as well.
- Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India
- Santhal Uprising, Revolt of 1857 in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, Quit India Movement, 1942
- Knowledge of Mauryan and Pal art features
- Patna Kalam painting
- Questions based on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will consist of exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common-sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatic form and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein.
BPSC Mains GS GS Paper 2 Syllabus
BPSC Syllabus for GS Paper 2 will have questions that test your knowledge about the Indian Polity with emphasis on Bihar.
- Indian Political system including political system in Bihar
- Indian economy, Planning in India,
- Geography of India such as the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar
- The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Bihar
- Questions will be asked to test your knowledge your awareness of Science in India and Bihar