The general studies paper 1 syllabus has 2 main topics: History and Geography. It is in line with the other state civil service and UPSC syllabus. Check all the important topics of the MPSC syllabus for GS Paper 1 below:
The syllabus of MPSC for History consists of important events from ancient, medieval, and modern history focusing on the history of Maharashtra state. Some important topics include the History of Modern India (1818-1857), particularly Maharashtra, the Introduction of modern education, the National Movement, Social Reforms, the Revolt of 1857, etc. Given below is the syllabus for the MPSC exam for GS paper 1.
- Socio-Cultural Changes: Socio-religious reform movements: Brahmo Samaj, Prarthana Samaj, Satyashodhak Samaj, Arya Samaj, etc.
- Establishment of British Rule in India: Wars against major Indian powers, Structure of British Raj up to 1857, etc.
- Social and economic awakening: Indian Nationalism - 1857 revolt and after, Role of Press and Education in social awakening in pre-independent India, etc.
- Emergence and growth of Indian nationalism: Social background, Lucknow pact, Mont-Ford reforms, etc.
- The national movement in the Gandhi Era: Gandhi's leadership and ideology of resistance, Gandhian mass movements, Non-cooperation, Trade Union Movement, Adivasi Movement, etc.
India after Independence:
- Samyukta Maharashtra movement: major political parties and personalities involved therein, Relations with neighboring countries, India’s role in International Politics.
- Non-Alignment under Indira Gandhi, Coalition Governments in States; Students’ unrest, Jayaprakash Narayan and Emergency, etc.
Selected Social Reformers of Maharashtra: Their ideology and work: Gopal Ganesh Agarkar, M.G. Ranade, Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil, etc.
Cultural Heritage of Maharashtra (Ancient to Modern): Performing Arts (Dance, Drama, Films, Music and Folk Arts, Bharud, Povada, Urban and Rural Literature, etc.
MPSC Syllabus for Geography
MPSC Syllabus for Geography shall cover the Geography of India and the World. Special reference shall be given to the geography of Maharashtra. Interior of the Earth, Endogenic and Exogenic Forces, Physiographic Divisions of India, Atmosphere, Population, Density, etc., are some important topics that come under the MPSC Geography syllabus. Other than this, here are the other topics related to it.
Physical Geography: Factors controlling and form development. Indian Ocean Rim, Asia, the World, etc.
Economic Geography of Maharashtra: Minerals and Energy Resources: Forts in Maharashtra, Tiger Project, etc.
Human and Social Geography of Maharashtra: Rural settlements in Maharashtra. Urban Traffic and Pollution, etc.
Environmental Geography: Ecology and Ecosystem- energy flow, material cycle, food chain, and webs. Environmental laws and environmental impact assessment, etc.
Population Geography (concerning Maharashtra): Rural and Urban settlements- site, situation, types, size, spacing, and morphology.
Remote Sensing: Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites. Application of remote sensing in natural resources, etc.
MPSC Syllabus for Agriculture
The MPSC syllabus also consists of Agriculture as one of the important topics in Geography. Candidates must be aware of the concept of an ecosystem, Carbon credit, Soil, Pollution, and its types, etc.
Agroecology: Physical and social environment as factors of crop distribution and production. Environmental pollution and associated hazards to crops, animals, humans, etc.
Climate: Atmosphere- composition and structure. Modern concepts of organic farming, sustainable agriculture, etc.
Soils: Soil-physical, chemical, and biological properties. Soil conservation planning on a watershed basis, etc.
Water management: Water quality standards. Drainage of water-logged soils, the effect of industrial effluents on soil and water, etc.