NRA CET Full Form: Key Highlights
Name of the exam
(National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test)
NRA (National Recruitment Agency)
Frequency of Exam
Twice a year
Selection of candidates for Group-B and -C non-technical posts
NRA Full Form - What does NRA Stand for?
The full form of NRA is National Recruitment Agency. The main aim of setting up the NRA is to conduct the CET exam as a preliminary exam to recruit qualifying candidates for group B and C posts. This agency will be registered under the societies registration act and will work for the various exam domain-like IBPS for Bank, SSC for CHSL/CGL, and RRB for Railway and other miscellaneous posts.
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will have representatives of the following:
- Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
You can practice IBPS Clerk mock tests for the upcoming IBPS Clerk 2022 exam designed by the experts of BYJU'S Exam Prep.
CET Full Form - What does CET Stand for?
The CET long-form is the Common Eligibility Test. Common Eligibility Test is conducted online and will screen candidates for the preliminary exam of IBPS, SSC, and Railways Exams altogether. Candidates who will qualify for the test will become eligible for the next round of the selection process.
CET Full Form in Hindi - CET का क्या मतलब है?
CET long form Hindi में "सामान्य पात्रता परीक्षा" है जो कि राष्ट्रीय भर्ती संस्था (National Recruitment Agency) द्वारा संचालित की जाती है। NRA बैंक, SSC, और रेलवे के अधीन निकलने वाली केंद्र सरकार की नौकरियों के लिए प्रारम्भिक (Prelims) परीक्षा का आयोजन कराएगी जो की सामान्य पात्रता परीक्षा (Common Eligibility Test) के नाम से जानी जायेगी।
Key Highlights of Common Eligibility Test (CET)
- One common exam will be conducted for various categories like Bank/SSC/Railways. Eligible & Qualifying candidates will be selected for the mains exam through CET.
- Now, every district will have an examination center to benefit candidates from far-flung areas.
- The exam will be conducted in multiple languages. As per the department report, there will be 12 languages.
- Test centers in every District will curb this shortcoming benefiting candidates from rural areas in general and women candidates in particular.
- CET score shall be valid for three years from the date of declaration of the result.
- National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct separate CET each for three levels of graduate, higher secondary (12th pass), and matriculate (10th pass) candidates for non-technical posts, which is presently conducted by SSC, RRBs, and IBPS.
- Candidates can schedule their tests at the Centers of their choice at the common portal.
Advantages or Benefits of CET
There are many benefits of CET to the candidates:
- This will save time, application fees, and travel expenses for the candidates.
- The exam will be conducted twice a year.
- Scorecard obtained through CET will be valid for three years.
- Through single exams, students will have a chance to appear for SSC, Bank, and railway categories depending upon the marks secured by them.
- For some organizations, only a CET score will be enough and they will directly conduct the physical and medical examinations to recruit the candidate.
- Separate CET will be conducted for Separate exams requiring different eligibility for instance 10th pass, higher secondary, and graduates.
- CET will largely benefit the aspirants for the rural areas by providing access to the exam centers for the conduction of CET.
To watch sessions by exam-qualified experts for the upcoming IBPS Clerk main, you can try our NRA CET Online Coaching.
More from us for NRA CET:
- NRA CET 2022 Benefits & Advantages for Bank, SSC & Railways Exams
- NRA CET FAQs 2022 for Bank, SSC, Railway
- NRA CET Eligibility Criteria 2022
- CET Exam Pattern 2022
- CET Syllabus 2022
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.