After the decision has come into force, now NRA will work as a preliminary window for all preliminary or tier-1 examinations to shortlist eligible and qualifying candidates from the bulk and then forward the list to the Bank, SSC, Railway departments to hold the mains examination process.
What is the Common Eligibility Test (CET)-NRA?
- National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be a multi-agency nodal body
- It will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Government Jobs to screen/shortlist candidates for Group B and C (non-technical) posts.
- It will be a specialist body that will bring state-of-the-art technology and best practices to the field of Central Government recruitment.
How Bank will recruit through CET Exam?
In this process, Only one exam for all categories like Bank, SSC, and Railways will be conducted. This will work as a single-window screening test where students will not have to appear for multiple exams. Exams will be conducted for only non-gazetted posts. This will reduce the burden of multiple exams on candidates.
Once the screening process is over, a list of the qualifying candidates with their scorecards will be forwarded to the respective recruiting body. After which second round of selection will be done which will be more specialized now.
Also, Read - CET NRA for IBPS Bank Exams: Check All Details
Benefits of recruiting through CET process
- This will save time, application fees, and travel expenses for the candidates.
- The exam will be conducted twice a year.
- Scorecard obtained through CET will be valid for three years.
- Through single exams, students will have a chance to appear for SSC, Bank, and railway categories depending upon the marks secured by them.
- No restriction on the number of attempts by the candidates subject to the upper age limit prescribed.
- Relaxation to upper age limit to be given to candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD etc.
Important Points to apply through CET Exam
1. The hiring of all clerical posts and non gazetted posts will be done through CET only. No separate exam will be conducted.
2. The exam will be conducted for all three levels of graduate, higher secondary, and matriculate candidates.
3. Final selection will be done through mains exam and interview or tier-2/3/4 or as applicable by the respective recruiting agencies.
4. CET would enable aspirants to apply for any of the said examinations.
5. Curriculum or examination pattern would be the same for each category. This would reduce the burden of preparing differently for different exam categories.
6. Candidates would be able to log in on a common portal and would be given centres of their choice based on availability.
7. This test would be available in a number of languages this will be helpful for aspirants from different parts of India.
8. NRA will set up an examination centre in each district of the country to help the youth and females from far-flung areas.
Also Read about - CET Eligibility
Will CET conduct a screening test this year?
This process will come into force from next year(2021). The syllabus and sections(name of the subjects) are yet to be informed. Over 1000 centres will be set up to conduct the CET examination.
How many such screening exams will be conducted in a year?
Two exams will be conducted in a year and scores will be valid for three years. The best of the valid score shall be deemed to be the current valid score of the aspirants.
What is the process after the CET result is declared?
After the declaration of the common eligibility test, the list of qualifying candidates under each category like SSC, Bank, and Railway will be forwarded to the respective agencies to conduct the next level of the examination.
This was all about the recruitment process through CET and how will candidates be shortlisted for the next round of the recruitment process. In case you still have any queries, feel free to ask us below in the comment section.
If you are aiming to crack the NRA-CET 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.