Why Do Students Prefer Government Jobs?
Because of the following advantages of government jobs, youth opt for government jobs and prepare for SSC and other Exams Because of the following advantages of government jobs, youth opt for government jobs and prepare for SSC and other Exams
- Good Salary
- Pensionable till death
- Job Security
- Social Reputations
- No Target Based Environment
- Perks and Bonuses
- Survive without any skills
- Accomplished a decent amount of off-days
- Retirement life benefits
- Free Health Care
- Sense of Social Security
- Work-life balance
SSC Exams to Prepare after Graduation
- SSC CGL: Posts including Income Tax Inspectors, Central Excise Inspector, Assistant Enforcement Officer, etc. Grade B and Grade C non gazetted posts. PayGrade Level 7. The minimum education qualification is graduation for this exam. From this year onwards posts like Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant which were earlier recruited through SSC CHSL will now be recruited through SSC CGL Exam.
- SSC CPO: Recruits candidates into the Central Police Organization for the posts including SI in Delhi Police, CISF, CAPF, CRPF, and ITBP, etc. The minimum education qualification is graduation for this exam.
- SSC CHSL: SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level recruits candidates for Data Entry Operator, Lower division clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, etc. Minimum education qualification is 12th passed for this exam.
- SSC MTS: MTS is a group C non gazetted, general central government service. The exam is conducted to select candidates for nonministerial posts with pay band 1 (5200-20200). Posts include peon, operator, safaiwala, gatekeepers, and watchmen, etc.
- SSC Stenographer: SSC Stenographer exam is organized by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Grade C and D stenographer in central government organizations.
SSC Exam Preparation Tips for Graduates
As you have just graduated, So you are more disciplined than any other candidate which gives you an edge in your preparation. As we all know that the syllabus of these exams is mostly based on class 10th. So it will not be a herculean task for graduate candidates to prepare for these exams. You just need to be consistent in your preparation for qualifying for these exams. Most candidates start their preparation without having a proper study plan which leads to frustration and they could not continue their preparation due to not having proper tracking of their progress. So it is very important to have a proper study plan for preparation. We have discussed some important points for preparation further in this article. The candidate must remember these points while making a study plan.
Understanding the Changed Exam Pattern
For the SSC Exams 2022, SSC has changed the pattern of the examination like for SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, SSC GD Constable etc. Where for SSC CGL & SSC CHSL the exam will take place in two tiers now and there is the addition of new subjects in the tier 2 examination like reasoning, General Awareness and Computer. Therefore chalk out the strategy according to that and prepare for the sections on the basis of Tier 2 as well.
Importance of SSC Previous Year Questions (PYQ)
As Abraham Lincoln said, “If I only had an hour to chop a tree, I would spend the first 45 minutes sharpening my axe”.
So before making a preparation strategy, a candidate must know about the exam and its pattern, and the best way to get this information is going through or solving the Previous Year’s Questions(PYQ)’. In the following ways, SSC previous Year question papers prove helpful for candidates
- They assist applicants in comprehending the Exam pattern of a particular SSC Exam (SSC CGL/ CHSL/ CPO/ MTS/ Stenographer), sorts of questions asked in the exam, marking scheme, time management for each section, and other pertinent information.
- As SSC repeats its questions very frequently, So going through PYQs will help you score better as well in exams.
- They also give a thorough overview of the key topics of the relevant exam. These vital subjects have a higher weightage and are required to do well in the examination.
- After taking a previous year's exam papers, applicants can assess their performance and degree of preparation, and focus on their weak areas appropriately.
- Candidates learn how to manage their time effectively throughout the test by tackling the previous years papers.
- Overall, they help applicants improve their time management abilities.
Subject wise Analysis
After completing the first step in your preparation strategy which is making a Study Plan, a candidate must do Subject wise Analysis as well while preparing them. A candidate must have a list of topics including their weightage through which he/she can track his/her preparation progress. This Progress Check helps you get motivated and also gives you a proper insight into important areas which need to be focused on first for a better score. A candidate must give proper time to each subject
While preparing a candidate must make their own notes, it will help him/her to memorize. Notes also help in revising important topics in less time when the exam is near.
Mock Tests and Quizzes
To check its progress a candidate must take mock tests and quizzes at a regular interval. Taking Mock tests and quizzes on a regular interval helps in two ways:
- When you give mocks regularly and analyze them properly, it helps in finding out the weak areas or topics on which you need to focus most.
- It also helps you in gaining confidence as you get used to giving the exam and also you can make your own strategy for attempting the exam based on the analysis of the mock tests.
Revision Strategy for SSC Exam
If a candidate is just focusing upon completing the syllabus, that is not going to help him/her because our mind can only be trained through consistent practice, and thorough revision, we can do it properly. So it is important to have a proper revision strategy for a candidate. For SC and Railways Exams a candidate must make a practice-driven preparation strategy or if enrolling in any online or offline batch, one must join which is practice-driven batches.
SSC Exam Preparation Books
Best English Book for SSC Exam
Objective General English
English Grammar & composition
Wren and Martin
A mirror of Common Errors
Word Power Made Easy
Idiom & Phrases
English-Vinglish BYJU'S Exam Prep Series
Previous Year Papers
Best Maths Book for SSC Exam
|Magical Books On Quicker Maths||M-Tyra (BSC publication)|
|SSC Mathematics 5800+||Kiran Publication|
|Online Quiz (thousands of questions to practice are available)||BYJU'S Exam Prep|
Best Reasoning Book for SSC Exam
|Lucent Reasoning||Arihant Publication|
|Reasoning Quizzes||BYJU'S Exam Prep|
Best GK Book for SSC Exam
|Lucent G.K.||Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul|
|Quizzes||BYJU'S Exam Prep|
|SSC Full Form||SSC CPO Exam|
|SSC CGL Exam||SSC MTS Exam|
|SSC CHSL Exam||SSC Steno Exam|
|SSC GD Constable Exam|
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC Exams 2022 with BYJU'S Exam Prep Course
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections