How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt?
SSC CGL is one of the most popular exams in the country. It offers aspirants great career opportunities Due to this, there is also a very high level of competition for this exam which leads many candidates to wonder if they can crack this exam on the first try. If you are wondering the same, then we have the answer to your question here. It may seem like a tough feat, however, with systematic preparation and a good strategy, cracking SSC CGL in first attempt is very much possible.
Before we go through on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt, let’s first go through the SSC CGL exam pattern:
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern|
No. of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt?
When a candidate starts preparing for the examination then the first question that pops in the mind is "How to crack SSC CGL in first attempt?" and answer to this question is very simple, with a thorough knowledge of SSC CGL Syllabus, right preparation strategy, good reference books, proper practice anyone can crack the SSC CGL in the first attempt. In this article, we are going to provide you all with tips & strategies with the help of which you will definitely be able to clear the SSC CGL Exam 2023.
Is SSC CGL Tough?
There's a misconception that SSC CGL is tough and in order to crack the SSC CGL in first attempt, you must stop believing it. With an effective strategy in place and continuous efforts, one can easily ace this exam. So, stop thinking that SSC CGL is tough and start working hard!
Tips to Crack SSC CGL 2023 in First Attempt
If you want to crack the SSC CGL 2023 in the first attempt you should go through the tips and strategies given below, we assure you that these tips and strategies are going to be very helpful for you in the upcoming SSC CGL 2023 examination.
1. Go through the Complete Syllabus
If you want to go crack the SSC CGL exam on the first attempt, go through the SSC CGL Syllabus first. Once, you have gone through the syllabus analyze the subject-wise important topics which have a maximum weightage in the exam. You can start your preparation by first completing the important topics of respective subjects and then the remaining topics.
2. Attempt Previous Year Question Paper
Along with the subject-wise preparation start solving SSC CGL previous year papers. Attempting the previous year's paper will give you a fair conception of the type of questions asked, the difficulty level of the exam, and section-wise important topics. SSC follows the same pattern as it has been following in previous years.
3. Create a Study Plan
Make a study plan that works for you. The study plan should be SMART which means S-Specific, M-Measurable, A-Achievable, R-Relevant, and T-Time bound. To create SMART goals follow the below instructions:
- Create a SSC CGL study plan which includes the topics, and sections you need to complete at a specific time and day
- Your study plan should have both short-term and long-term goals
- Set priorities for daily tasks/ chapters
- Include one mock test/ previous year paper in your study plan
4. Opt for the Right Study Materials and Resources
Choosing the right study material and resources is essential as it will help you study the topics that are relevant to the exam. One such resourceful platform is the BYJU'S Exam Prep App, where you will get complete the study material, quizzes, notes, mock tests that are apt for the SSC CGL Exam.
5. Mock Test is the Key to Success
As you know, athletes’ practice for 10 to 15 years for 15 seconds of performance. Hence, you also need to take at least 10 to 15 mocks before the actual 60 minutes of performance in the exam. A mock test will give you enough practice for the real exam and you will be comfortable dealing with the exam pressure.
6. Analyze Your Performance Through Mock Tests
Analyze your performance after you have attempted the SSC CGL mock test, note down the three positive things you are doing and three negative things you need to improve until the next mock test.
7. Work on Your Weak Areas
As you know, SSC CGL is a competitive exam which means you will be judged by comparing your score with the other candidates. This means the aspirant who will be working on his/ her weak areas will take the lead in this competitive exam.
Hence, we recommend putting a lion’s share of your energy in the weaker section. Practice enough questions from the topics in which you think you are weak. You can solve topic-wise quizzes to improve.
8. Learn to Cope with Stress
During your preparation, many a time you may feel stressed/ bored, or lethargic. However, you have to keep going despite the stress. To cope up with stress you follow these stress management techniques:
- Practice meditation or yoga or a simple workout
- Deep breathing and mindfulness
- Getting a hobby or listening to music (motivational music)
9. Revise Regularly
Revision is necessary or else your brain won’t remember anything and eventually work like that of a tea strainer (you will forget the essential formulae, concepts, events, etc.). Once you have completed a topic, you need to regularly revise the important formula, dates, and concepts of the topic. Regular revision converts your short-term memory to long-term memory.
10. Keep Yourself Motivated
Motivation is like fire, unless we keep adding fuel, it dies out. To keep yourself motivated you need to feed the mind with positive thoughts every day without which de-motivation will creep in. Whenever you feel demotivated listen to motivational songs, read the success story, talk to your friends/ parents, and start again.
Best Books for SSC CGL 2023
Below we have provided some of the best SSC CGL books that you should refer to if you want to clear the SSC CGL 2023 in the first attempt.
SSC CGL Books For English
|SSC CGL English Books||Author|
|Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi|
|A Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|A mirror of Common Errors||A.K Singh|
|Corrective English||A.K Singh|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Idiom & Phrases||English-Vinglish BYJU'S Exam Prep Series|
|Previous Year Papers||MB Publication|
SSC CGL Books 2023 For Maths
|SSC CGL Maths Books||Author|
|Magical Books On Quicker Maths||M-Tyra (BSC publication)|
|SSC Mathematics 5800+||Kiran Publication|
|Online Quiz (thousands of questions to practice are available)||BYJU'S Exam Prep|
SSC CGL Books 2023 For Reasoning
|SSC CGL Reasoning Books||Author|
|Lucent Reasoning||Arihant Publication|
|Reasoning Quizzes||BYJU'S Exam Prep|
SSC CGL Best Books For GK
|SSC CGL GK Books||Author|
|Lucent G.K.||Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul|
|Quizzes||BYJU'S Exam Prep|
Formula of Success for SSC CGL Aspirants
Here is the formula of success for SSC CGL aspirants who are appearing for the examination for the very first time. In this formula you have to get all the things right, if anything falls short/ wrong then your chances of success will decrease.
Right attitude + Right study material + Right planning + Right strategy + Right amount of revision + Lots of hard work = Success in SSC CGL Exam
Tips to Score Better in SSC CGL 2023 Exam
As suggested by experts, here are some important tips for SSC CGL 2023 Exam if you want to crack the exam in the first attempt:
- Know the SSC CGL cut off of the previous year as it will show you what target score you should set for your exam
- For the English section, you have to do a little bit extra effort by reading the books on a daily basis even if you take a practice set. Also, you must solve SSC CGL Synonyms & Antonyms Questions.
- By solving a practice set your reasoning will improve on its own, so don’t care too much about it
- As mentioned earlier, once you have completed your syllabus pick any practice set and take a test daily
- Try to solve the practice set within 60 minutes (to get a real feel of the exam). In this way, your speed will improve and you can judge where you stand. You can easily know the topics in which you have to do an extra effort.
- While taking mocks jot down the questions/ concepts/ solutions in a notebook that you find difficult and read that notebook on a daily basis
- Don’t ignore Current Affairs (CA) as in the recent exams the weightage of CA has increased significantly
- Practice as much as you can, as SSC repeats the question and there is a chance that you might get the same question
Success does just happen, and a reward doesn’t come without action. Just as you cannot reap without sowing, similarly, dividends do not come without hard work. Remember, success has no hard and fast rules, it has only hard-and-hard ones. Hence, work hard and give your best.
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC CGL 2023 with Our Latest Batch
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections