Answer: Goa is the smallest state in India.
Let us look at the details of the smallest state in India based on area and population below.
Smallest State in India by Area
The total area of India is 3,287,263 square kilometres having a population of around 139 crores living in 28 states and 8 union territories. The smallest state in India by area is Goa covering 3,702 square kilometres of land. Some of the key features of this state are as follows:
- Capital - Panaji
- It is surrounded by Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- Lies on the southwest coast of India.
- It comes in the fourth position as the smallest state in India by population having a population of 14,58,545 based on the 2011 Census.
Smallest State in India by Population
Sikkim is the smallest state in India by population based on the Census 2011 report with a population size of 6,07,688. Some important details about this state are as follows:
- Capital - Gangtok
- Second smallest state based on area preceded by Goa
- It shares its borders with Bhutan, Nepal, China, and West Bengal.
- Agriculture and Tourism are the main contributors to Sikkim’s economy.
Check out the list of the smallest states in India by population and area.
Smallest State by Population
Smallest State by Area
Goa (3,702 sq. km)
Sikkim (7,096 sq. km)
Arunachal Pradesh (13,83,727)
Tripura (10,486 sq. km)
Nagaland (16,579 sq. km)
Mizoram (21,081 sq. km)
Hence, Goa is the smallest state in India by area.
☛ Related Questions:
Commentswrite a comment