What is the RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test 2022?
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test is the third stage of the NTPC selection Process for specific posts of levels 2 and 5. It is the Computer-Based Typing Skill Test, also known as CBTST. RRB will evaluate the typing skills of candidates and their typing speed. It is not compulsory for all the posts. RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test 2022 is scheduled to be conducted from 12 August 2022.
Posts for which RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test is Required
As mentioned above, the RRB NTPC typing test is not mandatory for all posts. Candidates who have applied for the following posts of levels 2 and 5 are required to appear for the NTPC typing skill test 2022.
- Level 2 Posts: Junior Clerk Cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper
- Level 5 Posts: Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Accountant Assistant Cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Exam Date
RRB is planning to conduct NTPC Typing Test 2022 in the month of August from the 12th onwards. Admit card status for the skill test will be available soon. Candidates would be able to download NTPC CBTST admit card 2022 4-7 days prior to the exam date.
RRB NTPC Exam Date
RRB NTPC Online Form
01 March 2019
RRB NTPC Admit Card Download 2020
24 December 2020
RRB NTPC Exam Date
28 December to 31 July 2021
Revised RRB NTPC Result Date 2020-2021
30 March 2022
RRB NTPC CBT 2 Exam Date
9 & 10 May 2022 (Levels 4 and 6)
12 June to 17 June 2022 (Levels 2, 3, and 5)
RRB NTPC CBT 2 Result Date
18 July 2022
Link to Upload Typing Skill Test exemption certificate to be active
25.07.2022 to 28.07.2022 (up to 18:00hrs).
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Date
12 August 2022 onwards
Direct Link to Choose Language for Typing Skill Test (Link)
The link to choose the language option as the preferred typing language has been activated by the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs). Candidates have to choose either English or Hindi. English will be used as the default typing language if a candidate does not select a language within the allotted time. Candidates are recommended to carefully consider their language selection. The choice cannot be modified once the language for the typing test has been chosen. The choice of language for the RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test must be confirmed before July 25.
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Pattern
The total number of candidates shortlisted for the NTPC Typing Test is equal to eight times the number of vacancies for each of the communities. Let us check the pattern of the typing test given below
- RRB NTPC Computer Based Typing Skill Test (TST) is of qualifying nature, i.e. marks obtained by candidates in typing skill test shall not be added for making merit.
- The candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute (WPM) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi
- Candidates should be able to type on Personal Computer only without editing tools and spell check facility.
- Candidates who are going to appear for typing skill test in Hindi language, Kruti Dev and Mangal font shall be made available for typing skill test on Personal Computer.
- PwBD candidates can opt for the typing skill test exemption provided they submit the exemption certificate in proper format within the stipulated time.
- The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualified in the TST or TST exempted PwBD candidates based on performance in 2nd Stage CBT.
- It is suggested that candidates choose font size 12 and a standard font style. Candidates should use the Krutidev or Mangal fonts with a font size of 14 for the Hindi typing test on a computer.
- Ten minutes are allotted for the Typing Skill Test.
- Candidates who do not pass the typing speed test will be disqualified from consideration for the positions of Senior Clerk-cum-Typist and Junior Account Assistant-cum-Typist.
- After the test, the candidates must hand the model passing paper and their transcripts back to the invigilator.
RRB NTPC Typing Test Evaluation Procedure
The RRB NTPC typing test online uses a standardised procedure for word counting. The standard for word counting is 5 strokes for each word. Within the allotted 10 minutes, candidates must type a minimum of 300 words (or 1500 strokes) in English at a speed of 30 words per minute OR 250 words (or 1250 strokes) in Hindi at the permitted speed of 25 words per minute.
5% error of the total words typed may be disregarded; after that, the total words typed are deducted by the total number of words for each mistake in order to determine the final speed according to the example or formula.
Candidates' transcripts won't be assessed if they don't type 300 words (or 1500 strokes) of English or 250 words (or 1250 strokes) of Hindi in the allotted period.
Typing Skill Test Exemption Guidelines for PwBD Candidates
Candidates who are permanently disabled due to Blindness/Low Vision, Cerebral Palsy & Loco Motor Disability with not less than 40% permanent disability can opt for the exemption in Typing Skill Test. Such eligible PwBD candidates have to upload a scanned copy of Typing Skill Test Exemption Certificate issued by the Competent Medical Board on the website of respective RRBs from 25.07.2022 to 28.07.2022 (up to 18.00hrs). in the format given in the Annexure V(E) section of the RRB NTPC Recruitment notification.
Direct Link to Upload Typing Skill Test exemption certificate (To be Active)
Hope this was useful, stay tuned for more updates!
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
One Course for All SSC Exams: SSC 2021-22
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections