In this article, we are providing the complete step-by-step guide for IB ACIO Tier 2 Exam which will help you excel in the upcoming Tier 2 exam.
IB ACIO 2021 Tier 2 Step-by-Step Guide: Preparation
This is the first step of the process. Before directly writing the essay, one must give time for preparing the pre-requisite for the essay. Candidates should make sure that they know what they're going to write and how they're going to present the ideas before start writing. There are a few primary steps to ensure one is ready:
Understand the Directions
Read carefully the direction given for writing the essay. Note down important details like specified word limit, the goal of the essay and the topics of essays. For IB ACIO, the word limit is 400 words
Choose the topic
Choose the essay topic which you find interesting enough and about which have enough sound knowledge.
Do the Research and Gather points
While practicing at home, after choosing the topic, aspirants should do little research about the topic. You can note down the relevant study figures, index position and other news related to the topic. These points can later be used in the essay. Write down all the points which you think might be useful. While collecting data, make sure that the data is from an authorized source or government agencies.
Create an outline
Gather all the points coming to your mind and prepare a rough draft of the essay as to how you want to approach the topic. This way, you can also, filter out the points which are less relevant as the essay should be within the word limit. This helps in including all the important points without missing out on anything.
IB ACIO 2021 Tier 2 Step-by-Step Guide: Writing the Essay
After completing the preparation, we have all the required details to write a good essay. A good essay is always written in the proper format. Let us understand the steps to write the essay.
Introduction of an Essay
The introduction forms the first paragraph of the essay and set the tone of the essay. In this segment, we introduce the topic to the reader. This plays an important role as it has to be interesting enough to hold the readers' attention and appeals to them. Usually, the introduction should be of 4-5 lines. Candidates can start the introduction with a quote or famous saying of a famous personality. Another way is to start with an intriguing question. To emphasise the topic, one can use the study facts or figures also which can surprise the reader. One thing is to keep in mind is that the introduction is to introduce the topic, all the in-depth details will come later in the body of the essay.
Body of the Essay
Usually, the body is the soul of an essay and covers 60- 80% of the essay. This is the part where you cover every aspect of the topic and develop your ideas, make arguments and support it with evidence and proofs. Here one needs to cover all the aspects like features, drawbacks, advantages, disadvantages and necessary action needed, etc. Try not to use negative words or a negative tone while writing the drawbacks of something.
- Break down into paragraphs: Each paragraph should present one idea and covering an aspect of the topic. While writing into different paragraphs make sure they look connected as a whole.
Concluding the Essay
This is the last segment of the essay. The conclusion of the essay should be of 3-4 lines, i.e. 20% of the essay. The conclusion should always be positive in tone. In conclusion, one can summarise the whole essay. If the essay is of argumentative style, students can demonstrate how they have proven their point/thesis. One more approach is ending the conclusion with an interesting and thought-provoking comment.
IB ACIO 2021 Tier 2 Step-by-Step Guide: Check the Essay
After finish writing the essay, the third step is proof-reading the whole essay and rectify the silly errors. This step is very crucial as most of the aspirants lose the marks on small mistakes, which could have been easily avoided if they had checked the essay.
The following steps are to be done to make your essay error-free:
- Make sure your essay is within the word-limit and following the instructions given in the exam paper.
- Keep your copy clean and your handwriting easy to understand.
- Make sure there is no grammatical error especially tenses, the sentences are following the "subject-verb agreement" and there are no spelling mistakes.
- Highlight the keywords and important points mentioned in the essay. Highlighting the points would help in getting the readers attention quickly and would get you extra points.
Previous Years Papers Essay Topics for IB ACIO 2021 Tier 2 Exam
Current Social Issues
Environment Based/ Climate Change
Check out: IB ACIO Descriptive Paper 2021: How to Prepare for IB ACIO Tier 2 Paper?
5 Mistakes to Avoid while writing an Essay for IB ACIO 2021 Tier 2
- Do not express your personal opinion or judgement on any subject. If at all you make any statement make sure to back it with relevant facts.
- Try to avoid expressing ideas in a biased manner.
- Over-criticizing any section of people or authority while writing an essay on current political affairs should be avoided.
- Do not use negative words/vocabulary which set the negative tone. Try to use positive words.
- The essay should be in proper format and free of grammatical errors and spelling errors
Commentswrite a comment