Algebra Formula for SSC Exams
The Staff Selection Commission conducts various exams, and all the exams comprise algebra questions. Therefore, you must know the Algebra Formula for SSC to crack any SSC exams with ease! For all of the exams, the chapter on algebra is crucial. The candidates who had difficulties with the Algebra section can find assistance in this article. Here, we'll go through a list of key crucial algebraic formulae for SSC CGL 2023 that make it easier for students to study for exams.
Algebra Formulas for SSC CGL 2023
Algebra is a set of symbols made up of both letters and numbers that may be used to calculate any unknown value. An algebraic equation or expression is created by combining the usage of numbers, characters, matrices, and vectors. In the algebraic expression, there are numbers with known values and letters with unknown values. Algebra formulas for SSC are utilised instead of numbers and letters to find the values of unknowable quantities.
Below we have provided you all with the important Algebra formulas for SSC CGL under various categories. Go through these formulas and memorize them, we are sure that these formulas will surely help you in the upcoming SSC CGL 2022-23 tier 2 Examination.
Algebra Formula for SSC CGL: Natural Number
- (an – bn )= (a – b)(an-1 + an-2b+…+ bn-2a + bn-1)
- (an + bn)= (a + b)(an-1 – an-2b +…+ bn-2a – bn-1) [ where n is even , (n = k + 1) ]
- (an + bn )= (a + b)(an-1 – an-2b +an-3b2…- bn-2a + bn-1) [ where n is odd , (n = 2k + 1) ]
Algebra Formula for SSC CGL: Irrational Number
Irrational numbers are all real numbers that are not rational numbers in mathematics. Irrational numbers, in other words, cannot be expressed as the ratio of two integers.
- √ab = √a √b
- √a/b =√a / √b
- ( √a +√b ) ( √a – √b ) = a-b
- ( √a +√b )²= a + 2 √ab + b
- ( a +√b )( a -√b )= a² – b
Algebra Formula for SSC CGL: Quadratic Equation
- (α, β) = [-b ± √(b2 – 4ac)]/2a
- (a + b)³ = a³+ 3a²b + 3ab²+ b³
- (a + b)³ = a³ + b³ + 3ab(a + b)
- (a – b)³= a³ – 3a²b + 3ab² – b³
- (a – b)³= a³ – b³ – 3ab(a – b)
- a³ – b³ = (a – b)(a²+ ab + b²)
- a³ + b³ = (a + b)(a²– ab + b²)
- (a + b)⁴= a⁴+ 4a³b + 6a²b² + 4ab³ + b²
- (a – b)⁴= a4 – 4a³b + 6a²b² – 4ab³+ b⁴
- a⁴ – b⁴= (a – b)(a + b)(a² + b²)
- a⁵ – b⁵= (a – b)(a⁴ + a³b + a²b² + ab³+ b⁴)
Laws of Exponents
- (am)(an) = am+n ; (ab)m = ambm ; (am)n = amn
Important Algebra Formulas for SSC CGL 2022-23
Go through the list of important algebra formulas for SSC CGL 2022-23 provided below as most of the questions asked in tier 1 and tier 2 of the SSC CGL Selection process are asked based on these formulas. Knowing these formulas will be beneficial for SSC CGL preparation.
- a² – b² = (a-b)(a+b)
- (a+b)² = a² + 2ab + b²
- (a-b)² = a² – 2ab + b²
- a² + b² = (a-b)² +2ab
- (a+b+c)² = a²+b²+c²+2ab+2ac+2bc
- (a-b-c)² = a²+b²+c²-2ab-2ac+2bc
- a³-b³ = (a-b) (a² + ab + b²)
- a³+b³ = (a+b) (a² – ab + b²)
- (a+b)³ = a³+ 3a²b + 3ab² + b³
- (a-b)³ = a³- 3a²b + 3ab² – b³
- “n” is a natural number, and – bn = (a-b) (an-1 + an-2b +….bn-2a + bn-1)
- “n” is an even number, an + bn = (a+b) (an-1 – an-2b +….+ bn-2a – bn-1)
- “n” is an odd number an + bn = (a-b) (an-1 – an-2b +…. – bn-2a + bn-1)
- (am)(an) = am+n (ab)m = amn
Important Algebra Questions for SSC CGL 2022-23
As per the analysis of SSC CGL previous year papers, the following list includes significant and practical algebraic questions. The students who use these algebra problems will be able to ace their exam-taking and pass with flying colours. Here are some examples of Important Algebra Questions for SSC CGL 2022-23.
If x + y + z = 7, xy + yz + zx = 8, then what is the value of x3 + y3 + z3 – 3xyz ?
- 175 (Answer)
If a + b + c = 6, a2 + b2 + c2 = 32, and a3 + b3 + c3 = 189, then the value of 4abc is:
- 12 (Answer)
If (x + y)3 – (x – y)3 – 3y(2x2 – 3y2) = ky3, then find the value of k.
- 11 (Answer)
If a + b – c = 5 and ab – bc – ac = 10, then find the value of a2 + b2 + c2.
- 5 (Answer)
If a2 + b2 + 49c2 + 18 = 2(b + 28c – a), then the value of (2a – b + 7c) is:
If x+y+z=2, xy+yz+zx =-11, and xyz =-12, then what is the value of x³ + y3 + z³?
- 38 (Answer)
If 2√2x³ - 3√3y³ = (√2x -√3y) (Ax² - Bxy + Cy2), then the value of (A²+ B²+ C²) is:
- 19 (Answer)
If x + y + 3 = 0, then find the value of x³ + y³ – 9xy + 9
- –18 (Answer)
Algebra Formulas for SSC CGL 2022-23 PDF
Revision of the important algebra formulas for SSC CGL 2022-23 is essential in the last days before the exam as it will help in attempting more quant questions in Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams of the SSC CGL. Below you can check out the compilation PDF of important Algebra Formulas for SSC CGL 2022-23.
These are enough Algebra Formulas for SSC that you need to know to score SSC CGL cut off.
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC Exams 2022 with BYJU'S Exam Prep Course
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections