NTPC to build India’s largest solar park in Rann of Kutch
NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL), a fully owned subsidiary of NTPC, will set up the country's single largest solar park at Rann of Kutch in Gujarat.
About the Solar Park in Gujarat:
- The capacity will be 4,750-megawatt(MW)
- It has been sanctioned under Mode 8 (UMPP) of Solar Park Scheme.
- It will become country’s largest solar park to be built by NTPC of the country.
Other Projects of NTPC:
- India's largest Floating Solar plant of 10 MW on the reservoir of Simhadri Thermal Power Plant, Andhra Pradesh is also by NTPC
- Also, another 100 MW Floating Solar Project on the reservoir of Ramagundam Thermal Power Plant, Telangana is in the advanced stage of implementation.
More about it:
- Floating solar means a solar power production installation mounted on a structure that floats on a body of water, typically an artificial basin or a lake.
- Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects are a series of solar power projects planned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy with a minimum capacity of 500 MW.
Development of Solar Parks and UMPP Scheme:
- launched by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy in 2014.
- at least 25 Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects will be set up.
- Targets under this scheme have been enhanced from 20,000 MW to 40,000 MW in 2017 to be achieved by 2021-22.
- It is being implemented under 8 modes.
Ongoing Live Courses
More From Us: