Candidates must have a good insight into the exam pattern and subject-wise weightage of the examination. Hence, we have discuss each section separately by following the syllabus given in the notification. You can go through the study and RPF preparation tips for different subjects and start following them to gain a high score in the exam.
RPF Preparation Tips for General Awareness
This is the most important section from the exam point of view, as it has been mentioned that out of a total of 120 questions, 50 will be asked from this section only, which gives it more weightage. Candidates must study hard for the GK section as it will surely be the deciding factor for this competitive exam. Moreover, as we all know, this part needs a consistent approach as this is something that cannot be done overnight. So, one must be very disciplined in revising this section.
- Current Affairs are very important for this examination. Candidates can check BYJU'S Exam Prep, weekly & monthly PDF for current affairs which are relevant to the examination.
- For the Static Part, candidates can refer to Lucent G.K. to cover this section's important aspects. This book is sufficient for the GK section, it will contain the static GK, which will have topics from History, Geography, Polity, Economics, etc., along with important general science parts. Also, there is a separate book for General Science from Lucent Publication which will only cover the science part.
- Candidates can also download the General Science Questions for railway exam. They must also attempt BYJU'S Exam Prep General Knowledge Quizzes & Railways GK Challenge Quizzes regularly to check where they stand in the competition. Candidates can check PDF below and must do revision as much as they can.
RPF Preparation Tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning
Candidates can easily score well in the Reasoning section too. It requires analytical skills and a good presence of mind to tackle questions in this section. Candidates can check the RPF Preparation Tips for strategy for the general intelligence and reasoning topics:
- Similarities and Differences & Discriminating Observation include problems based on the Odd One Out logic of the same category, meaning, & direction finding. Practicing these types of questions will help you find the different types of logic that are being interpreted.
- Syllogistic reasoning problems are mainly based on the application of the Venn Diagrams and how to solve Venn Diagrams. If one learns the concepts of this topic well, then it will be easier to attempt questions from this section.
- For problems based on Mathematical operations, one needs to substitute the signs with the given set of operators. Relationships-based problems can easily be tackled with the help of the family tree concept.
- Arithmetic Number Series formation questions are based upon a particular logic like square number series, Cube Number series, Arithmetic Progression, etc. Candidates need to learn the square numbers from 1 to 50 and the cube numbers from 1 to 20. For the number series part, one must memorize the standard series.
- In these last days of revision, aspirants must solve as many questions as possible because once you become familiar with the patterns by practicing the different types of questions, you will be able to score good marks. Aspirants should attempt BYJU'S Exam Prep Reasoning Quizzes regularly, which will give the same experience as the exam and help enhance their preparation.
RPF Preparation Tips for Mathematics
In this subject, the key to score is going through all the key concepts of the mentioned topic in the syllabus. There are certain topics in which candidates can score easily & this can be done by revising the basics of these chapters and practicing on the questions based on these topics, such as whole numbers, decimal, fractions, age calculations, relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, number system.
- Arithmetic section comprises the important portion of the Quant Section. Hence, aspirants need to master this section, and apart from the basic knowledge, one must go through the important types of questions repeatedly asked in competitive examinations. Chapters from this category are averages, percentages, simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion, profit, loss & discount, time and distance, time and work, pipes & cistern, etc.
- Percentage plays an important role in mastering the arithmetic section & the key point to mastering it is to learn the values of the important fraction in percentage form, which are:
9 (1/11) %
8 (1/3) %
7 (9/13) %
7 (1/7) %
6 (2/3) %
6 (1/4) %