Group D posts in Railways are the of the lower echelon. Group D employees are recruited for the maintenance & cleanliness of railway assets and tracks. It is their hard work and ceaseless efforts that make your train journey comfortable, safe, and scheduled. As stated above, we will be discussing the job profiles of various posts under Railway Group D. Following are the RRB Group D posts and their job profiles elaborated below:
- Assistant Workshop
- Assistant C&W
- Assistant Loco Shed(Diesel)
- Assistant Loco Shed(Electrical)
- Assistant Depots(Store)
- Assistant Operations(Electrical)
- Assistant Pointsman (Traffic)
- Assistant Signal & Telecom
- Assistant Track Machine
- Assistant Bridge
- Assistant TL&AC
- Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights and AC) workshop
- Assistant TRD(Electrical)
- Assistant Work Engineer
- Assistant Work(Workshop)
- Track maintainer.
Before going through these profiles, you must know the meaning of "Overhaul". Overhaul involves
- partial or complete disassembly of the item
- inspection to detect damaged, defective, or worn parts
- repair or replacement of such parts, and
- reassembling, testing, and trial-run prior to returning the item to its full operating level.
RRB Assistant Workshop Job Profile
Railways Assistant (workshop) is posted in a carriage and wagon workshop. He/She has to ensure the security and maintenance of coaches. Preventive and breakdown maintenances of coaches and wagons take place in the workshop department. A section (eg: a Wheel shop, Bogie shop, Furnish shop, etc) is allotted to Assistant (workshop).
RRB Assistant C&W Job Profile
An Assistant in C&W has a primary task of -
- Trip schedule Maintenance
- Addressing the issues of BPC (Brake Power Certificate)
- Pit line Maintenance
- Intermediate Overhaul Maintenance
- ART (Accident Relief Train) Maintenance
RRB Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel) Job Profile
ALS (Diesel) takes care of the overhauling of diesel locomotives. Section systems like Workshop also exist here.
RRB Assistant Loco Shed (Electrical) Job Profile
The electrical SSE in electrical is responsible for working on the TRS sheds engaged in overhauling and assembly level maintenance of 25KV AC electric Locos in electrical loco sheds.
RRB Assistant Depots(Stores) Job Profile
Procurement and supply of components to major mechanical, electrical, signal, and telecom workshops for maintenance of coaches, wagons. Assistant (Depot) also supplies spare parts to major diesel and electric locomotive sheds.
RRB Assistant Operations (Electrical) Job Profile
Ensures electrical supply and assists the operation manager. Under the supervision of a senior engineer, he does the maintenance of electrical appliances of the train and station.
RRB Assistant pointsman (Traffic) Job Profile
The work of a pointsman is to handle railroad points or switches. Pointsman controls the lever and jerks the train into the required tracks or desirable direction. His work also includes disconnecting or connecting a particular coach from the train.
RRB Assistant Signal & Telecom Job Profile
The Assistant in the Signal and Telecom department works under the supervision of the senior officer. His duty is to provide signals to the trains as per the situations. He is also a part of the panel interlocking system. He also hands over the token to the driver after granting line clearance to enter the block section.
RRB Assistant Track Machine Job Profile
Assistant track machine operator repairs the machines under the supervision of seniors. He also ensures the availability of tools/gadgets required for the effective working of the track machine.
RRB Assistant Bridge Job Profile
To assist the seniors in the construction of new bridges under railway authority. Assistants ensure the availability of materials required in proper quantity and quality and act as a helping hand in designing the overall construction.
RRB Assistant TL & AC Job Profile
The main job is to look over the TL &AC (Train Lights and AC). They look over the proper functioning of train's electrical appliances and connections eg: proper functioning of signal LEDs, AC controllers, power Supplies, stabilization, etc.
RRB Assistant TL & AC Workshop Job Profile
- To ensure the availability of tools and gadgets required by assistant TL & AC Engineers.
- To look over the maintenance of lights, bulbs, fans, AC ducts, temperature control of ACs, stabilizations & all other electrical appliances.
RRB Assistant TRD (Electrical) Job Profile
The person working as an Assistant TRD is responsible for the maintenance of electrical assets like electrical locomotives, Electrical Multiple Units(EMUs), and Main Line Electrical Multiple Units (MEMUs).
RRB Assistant Work Engineer Job Profile
They are enrolled in the manufacturing department of all kinds of rail assets like manufacturing of coaches, every appliance of trains, platforms sheds, etc. They have to create new designs for the betterment of Indian Railways.
RRB Assistant Works (Workshop) Job Profile
- To assist the seniors in manufacturing.
- To ensure the availability of materials (tools and gadgets) required.
- Handles all the fitting and welding work in manufacturing under the supervision of their seniors.
RRB Hospital Assistant Job Profile
This post is suitable for female candidates. It is an indoor job and work profile is related to medical facilities like
- Providing proper care to the ailing passenger during treatment
- Taking care of medical aids & their requirements in the stations
- Cleaning Medical Equipments.
RRB Track Maintainer Job Profile
The post's name Track Maintainer itself expresses the job profile of this post. The only thing they have to do is to ensure the proper condition of tracks. Track Maintainers:
- Keep an eye over the breakdown of tracks
- Provides proper, safe, and smooth track to the trains
- Look over every repair and maintenance of the track line.