The research aptitude study notes for UGC net paper 1 contains more than 20 topics that need to be understood in a detailed and clear manner. They are systematically organised to ensure that you don't miss any topic in the UGC NET syllabus. Understand the topic and then practise mock tests to gain a better understanding and confidence.
Here are the Study Notes on Research Aptitude for UGC NET Exam Paper 1, read thoroughly.
Research Aptitude Syllabus for UGC NET
The topics which are covered as per the syllabus for UGC NET Exam Paper 1 :
- Meaning Types, and Characteristics
- Positivism and Post-positivistic approach to research.
2. Methods of Research
- Experimental, Descriptive, Historical
- Qualitative and Quantitative methods
3. Steps of Research
4. Thesis and Article writing
- Format and styles of referencing
5. Application of ICT in research.
6. Research ethics
UGC NET Research Aptitude Notes
Below we have provided the topic wise notes of Research Aptitude for UGC NET Exam. These notes cover all topics that are asked in Paper-1. Here are the links for topic wise notes for UGC NET Exam Paper 1: Research Aptitude
|1.||What is Research?||What is Research?|
|2.||Meaning, Types, and Characteristics of Research||Meaning, Types, and Characteristics of Research|
|3.||Types of Research||Types of Research|
|4.||Positivism & Post-Positivistic Approach in Research||Positivism & Post-Positivistic Approach in Research|
|5.||Research related important terms||Research related important terms|
|6.||Important Terms of research presentation||Important Terms of research presentation|
|7.||Important Terms related to Research Aptitude||Important Terms related to Research Aptitude|
|8.||Research Process||Research Process|
|9.||Steps in Research||Steps in Research|
|10.||Methods of Research||Methods of Research|
|11.||Report Writing Styles||Report Writing Styles|
|12.||Research Tools||Research Tools|
|13.||Questionnaire in Research||Questionnaire in Research|
|15.||Research synopsis and Abstracts||Research synopsis and Abstracts|
|16.||Research: Report, Paper; Thesis & Dissertation||Research: report vs paper & Thesis vs Dissertation|
|17.||Thesis Writing (Stepwise)||Thesis Writing (Stepwise)|
|18.||Research Article Writing||Research Article Writing|
|20.||Null hypothesis and Alternative hypothesis||Null hypothesis and Alternative hypothesis|
|21.||Hypothesis Testing (Part I)||Hypothesis Testing (Part I)|
|22.||Hypothesis Testing (Part II)||Hypothesis Testing (Part II)|
|23.||Steps of Research||Steps of Research|
|24.||Application of ICT in Research||Application of ICT in Research|
|25.||Research Ethics I||Research Ethics I|
|26.||Research Ethics II||Research Ethics II|
|27.||Research Schemes under MoE||Research Schemes under MoE|
|28.||Action Research Model||Action Research Model|
How to prepare Research Aptitude for UGC NET?
- Analyse research aptitude questions from the previous year papers
- Check out the sections which are asked regularly from research aptitude paper-1.
- Some of the sections that are asked regularly are Methods of research, types of research, research ethics, government schemes related to research, Hypothesis and steps of research.
- You can always expect the questions from the above-given topics.
Research Aptitude UGC NET Questions
Check some of the examples of Research Aptitude questions asked in the UGC NET paper 1
1. In which of the following research methods, manipulation and control of variables, and randomization of the sample are two of the basic requirements?A. Ex-post facto research
B. Descriptive research
C. Case study research
D. Experimental research
Answer ||| D
2. In terms of research ethics, which of the following may be considered as the most vulnerable stage?A. Defining the purpose and scope of the study
B. Defining the population and sampling method
C. Data analysis, interpretation and reporting of results
D. Selection of research tools whether qualitative or quantitative
Answer ||| C
3. Spotting gaps in the research literature is the chief way of identifying research questions. In this context, ‘spotting gaps’ in the research literature refers to:
(a) Identifying under-researched areas
(b) Recognizing the gap between two researchers’ background
(c) Identifying inconsistent findings in an area of research
(d) Recognizing gap in the characteristics of sample and population
Select correct option:
(1) (a) and (c) only
(2) (b) and (d) only
(3) (a) and (b) only
(4) (c) and (c) onlyA. 1
Answer ||| A
Also, solve UGC NET Mock Test Series 2022 for regular revision and practice.
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides you crisp and relevant notes with plenty of questions, mock tests and practical application-based questions. Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2022.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.