This UGC NET exam pattern consists of two papers. The detailed UGC NET exam pattern 2022 for each paper will be discussed below.
(a) Paper 1.
(b) Paper 2.
Both the UGC NET exam paper (paper 1 and paper 2) will consist of only objective-type questions. There will be no break between the two sections as per the UGC NET exam pattern 2022.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 for Paper 1
There is a total of 50 questions and each question is 2 marks. So, the total mark for NET Paper 1 is 100. A candidate will be allotted 1 hour to attempt this section. It will consist of topics from Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, Communication, Divergent Thinking, and General Awareness. All the questions are compulsory.
Also, check UGC NET Books 2022 here.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 for Paper 2
There is a total of 100 questions and each question is of 2 marks. So, the total marks for NET paper 2 are 200. UGC NET exam time duration for candidates will be allotted 2 hours to attempt this section. Paper 2 will have the questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. E.g., if one candidate selects Electronic Science, he/she attempts Paper 2 which has questions from electronics only. All the questions are compulsory.
Total number of Questions
- There are no negative marks for an incorrect response.
- According to the UGC NET exam pattern, no marks will be allotted for unanswered/marked review questions.
- If a question is found to be incorrect, the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempted the question.
- The cut-off will be decided separately for an individual subject.
- The cut-off will be decided after obtaining marks out of 300 (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
Now that you are aware of the detailed UGC NET exam pattern 2022, start your preparation thoroughly to crack this exam with a good score.