As per information shared in GATE 2022 brochure, there are 660 Designated Centres are available this year. Students can check GATE 2022 official Syllabus from GATE 2022 brochure. From the last few years, GATE Exam has been opened for International Students as well like, Bangladesh, Shri Lanka, Nepal, Singapore, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (UAE) for taking admission to Mtech courses in NIT'S & IIT'S but The exam will not be conducted at any foreign centre due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Other than Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH) two new Subjects introduced in GATE 2022, two more Subjects Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (combined) and Geomatics Engineering have been included in GATE 2022 brochure.
The exam conducting authority has decreased GATE 2022 exam centres in some zones. If a candidate wants to appear for more than one paper have to pay the GATE 2022 application fee separately for both papers.
GATE Brochure 2022 Official PDF
GATE Notification 2022
- The official GATE poster has been published, according to which GATE online registration will begin on 24th September 2021. The aspirants can take a quick look and download the GATE 2022 Poster.
What's New in GATE 2022?
- Eligibility Criteria for appearing in GATE 2022 exam has been relaxed to a minimum of 10+2+3 Giving opportunity to the third-year students of undergraduate studies to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
- Two new subjects – Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH) have been added to this year. The total number of subjects was 27 in GATE 2021 and this year Two more new subjects have been introduced which are Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering (combined) and Geomatics Engineering. The total number of subjects hs now increased to 29 for GATE 2022
- Students can now opt for two subject papers from the prescribed set of combinations applying for GATE 2022
GATE Brochure 2022: Important Dates
- The exam dates for GATE 2022 has been declared now. Candidates may quickly check the official dates and their respective events below:
Online Application Process Opens
30th August 2021
Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process
24th September 2021
End of Extended period for online Registration/application (with late fee)
1st October 2021
Last Date for change of Category, Paper and Examination City (an additional fee will
12th November 2021
Admit Card will be available for download
3rd January 2022
GATE 2022 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative) Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
Saturday Sunday Saturday
5th February 2022
6th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal
17th March 2022
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022
IIT Bombay has revised the eligibility criteria this year, 3rd year students are now eligible for GATE 2022, So while preparing for GATE 2022 You must be aware of the Eligibility criteria for different Qualifying degrees. Check the detailed Eligibility Criteria below:
Qualifying Degree / Examination
Description of Eligible Candidates
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)
Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed
Bachelor’s in Architecture (5 years course)
Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed
B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.
Bachelor’s in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)
Currently in the 3rd year or higher grade or already completed
Pharm. D. (after 10+2)
6 years degree program, consisting of internship or residency training, during third year onwards
Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year or already completed
M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent
Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent
Currently in the first year or higher or already Completed
Int. M.E./M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)
Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)
Currently in the 1st /2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed
Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)
Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)
Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th year or already completed
B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com.
Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce (3 years program)
Currently in the 3rd year or already completed
Int. M.Sc./Int. B.S.-M.S
Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program
Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed
Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch)
B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses
- Some of these Professional Societies/Institutions, which conduct the examination in various fields of engineering, are as follows.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AESI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Application fees for GATE 2022 for different categories and different places are mentioned below in detail:
|For Examination Centres in India||On or Before 30th Sept. 2020||During the Extended Period|
|Female candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other candidates||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2022 Registration: Apply Form Online Steps
Applicants are advised to take a look at the given below details of GATE Registration:
- Aspirants must apply online only.
- GATE registration will begin on 24th September 2021.
- The closing date of registration is 30th September 2021
- There is a one month gap provided by the authority for the application process.
- Aspirants should fill GATE 2022 Online Application form through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Register yourself as a “New User”.
- After successfully completing the registration process, you will get access to GOAPS.
- Thereafter, you are required to log in using your GOAPS Enrolment ID and GOAPS Password.
- Students need to upload scanned photographs, signatures, thumb impressions, degree certificates or category certificates while filling up the GATE 2022 application form.
- International candidates can also apply for the GATE 2022 Examination.
- GATE 2022 will be conducted in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates.
- Application Procedure for international candidates is the same as Indians.
- International applicants must possess a valid passport if they are willing to apply for GATE 2022.
GATE Application Procedure 2022
The mode of the application process is online for GATE 2022. The candidates are requested to carefully follow the given six-step process to successfully submit the GATE application form.
- Registration through GOAPS
- Filling of GATE Application Form
- Uploading Required Documents
- Preview of Filled Application Form
- Payment of Application Fee
- Submission of Filled Application Form
GATE Application Checklists
As a checklist, the applicant MUST verify that he/she has filled in and uploaded the following information, whichever is suitable:
- Personal information like name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s/guardian's name, parent’s/guardian's mobile number, etc.
- Address for Communication including PIN code.
- Eligibility degree details like College address, PIN code of college.
- Eligibility documents required to appear in GATE 2022, e.g., degree certificate, Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute, etc.).
- Category certificate (SC/ST/PWD) in case a concession in application fee is claimed.
- Image of a recent good quality photograph adhering to the requirements specified.
- Image of signature (good quality) adhering to the requirements specified.
- Details of the same valid ID Proof will be brought to the examination centre.
Important: It is advised that the applicant fill up the details carefully in GOAPS without making ANY ERROR. The application is liable to get REJECTED in case of any error.
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction
- Minor modifications corrections will be allowed to make in the GATE 2022application form, but it is only allowed once the submission of the application form is made. In case of any mistake, the applicant has to send an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrolment Number)” along with the documented proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications will be imparted in the given below fields only:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated with the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE 2022 Papers & Subject Codes
GATE 2022 will be conducted on 27 subjects (papers). The table below shows the list of papers and paper codes for GATE 2022. A candidate is allowed to appear in ANYONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination.
Architecture and Planning
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Environmental Science & Engineering
Humanities & Social Sciences
Ecology and Evolution
Geology and Geophysics
GATE Exam Pattern 2022
The GATE Exam pattern consists of Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) & Numerical Type Questions in all papers & their respective sections.
- In Multiple Choice Questions, applicants will be provided with 4 options, of which only one is correct. For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be a negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For Numerical Type Questions, a numerical value as the answer should be entered using a mouse and virtual keyboard on the monitor.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which ONE or MORE than ONE choice(s) are correct. There is no negative marking for these questions.
- Take a look at the type of Questions usually being asked in the GATE exam:
- Recall: These are based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline. The candidate is expected to be able to obtain the answer either from his/her memory directly or at most from the one-line computation.
- Comprehension: These questions will examine the candidate's knowledge of the basics of his/her field/course, by requiring him/her to draw simple conclusions from basic concepts.
- Application: In these questions, the candidate is required to apply his/her expertise either through computation or by logical reasoning.
- Analysis and Synthesis: In these questions, the candidate is presented with data, diagrams, images, etc. that require analysis before a question can be answered. A Synthesis question might require the candidate to compare two or more pieces of information.
GATE 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for GATE 2022 has been revised, and two subjects have been added this year- Environment Sciences(ES), Humanities and Social Sciences(XH). Since the syllabus is changed, find the latest syllabus PDF branch wise below:
How to Prepare for GATE 2022
- Stepping towards the path for GATE preparation, there are some initial imperatives which candidates should equip to strengthen their armour of knowledge and improve rankings in GATE cut off the list.
GATE Cut Off 2022
- The cut off marks will be announced separately for each branch for GATE 2022.
- Various public and private sector undertakings that consider GATE scores for employment purposes will also declare their own cut off marks.
- You can check the cut off marks on the official website.
GATE 2022 Result
- GATE results will be announced on 17 March 2022 and will be available on the GOAPS Website.
- GATE 2022 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
Importance of GATE Exam
Students may use the GATE score or GATE rank for admissions to Post Graduate Programmes like M. Tech, Direct PhD, ME, MS in institutes such as IITs and IISc etc with monetary assistance offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). Not to forget, PSUs also uses the GATE scores for selecting applicants for various prestigious jobs with attractive remuneration. The direct admission in the PhD course has also been done through GATE.
The key factors that make GATE Exams important are:
- Teaching Profiles: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs, reputed educational institutes etc.
- Tech - Campus placements in National and International private or public organizations
- several reputed PSUs and research organizations recruit on the basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC etc.
- Junior Research Associates/ Senior Project Associates
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: DRDO, IITs, BARC, ISRO, CSIR, etc.
- Technical value add-on
- Scientists “C” grade job opportunity
- Bright Career in Research & Development
- Subject or Domain Proficiency
GATE Study Material
GATE Mock Tests 2022
- Boost your GATE 2022 exam preparation with BYJU'S Exam Prep’s Test Series
- Green Cards are available for Computer Science Engineering (CSE), Civil Engineering (CE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electrical Engineering (EC), & Electronics Engineering & Computer Science Engineering (ECE)
GATE Previous Year Questions Papers
- Practice Previous Year papers for Individual branches to cope up with the level and pattern of the GATE 2022 Exam. You can check the detailed question papers list for all Branches here.
|GATE Mechanical Question Papers|
|GATE ECE Question Papers|
|GATE CSE Question Papers|
|GATE Electrical Question Papers|
|GATE Civil Question Papers|
GATE 2022 Syllabus
|GATE Mechanical Engineering||GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2022|
|GATE Electrical Engineering||GATE Electrical Syllabus 2022|
|GATE CSE Exam||GATE Computer Science Syllabus 2022|
|GATE Civil Exam||GATE Civil Syllabus 2022|
|GATE ECE Exam||GATE ECE Syllabus 2022|
All the Best !!