- An Engineering Approach by Yunus A Cengel; Michael A Boles- This book is very good to build your concepts. All concepts are explained in a clear and simple way to understand. Recommended reading this book to understand the concepts and then preparing PK Nag's book for practising problems.
- Engineering Thermodynamics by PK Nag- This book is having illustrations of concepts with good examples, and a good number of exercises for each chapter. This book is recommended to practice examples and exercises in every chapter.
2. Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machinery
A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines by Dr R.K. Bansal- This book has adequate theory provided with lots of exercise problems for each chapter which is a very good book for GATE and ESE preparation.
3. Power Plant
- Fundamentals of Compressible Flow by S. M. Yahya- This book includes many solved and unsolved problems in each chapter.
- Gas Turbines And Propulsive Systems by P R Khajuria, S P Dubey
4. IC Engines:
Internal Combustion Engines by Ganesan- Complex concepts are discussed simply and all Illustrations are good. This book has solved problems which can help to prepare for any competitive exam.
5. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning by C P Arora- This book helps you to score on the conventional paper. Recommended reading a theoretical portion of this book to answer the conventional questions.
6. Heat Transfer
Heat Transfer (In SI Units) by JP Hollman- This book covers many solved and unsolved problems for ESE Preparation.
7. Renewable Sources of Energy:
Introduction to Renewable Energy By Vaughn C. Nelson
8. Theory of Machines
Theory of MACHINES by RS Khurmi and GK Gupta- This book has sufficient theory and problems for preparing ESE exam.
9. Mechanics of Materials (Strength of Materials)
Mechanics of Materials by Punamia- This book is good for both theory and problems. It is the most recommended book to prepare for the IES exam.
10. Machine Design
Design of Machine Elements: by V B Bhandari- Read theory and solved problems according to the syllabus and it has sufficient information for preparing ESE exam.
11. Industrial Engineering and Management by O P Khanna
This book provides complete theory along with problems to practice. You can also prepare any standard book which covers the complete syllabus for ESE.
12. Materials Science And Engineering by I P Singh
It is a very good book which covers all basic concepts. This book is good for the ESE ME exam.
13. Manufacturing Science by Amitabha Ghosh
The theory is explained systematically with worked examples and problems at the end of each chapter.
Mechanical Vibrations by G K Grover- This book is good for ESE preparation. It has sufficient examples and problems to practice.
15. Mechatronics and Robotics :
Mechatronics Principles and Applications By Godfrey Onwubolu- This book covers the complete syllabus for Mechatronics and Robotics. All the concepts are explained in an easy way to understand.