BARC is one of the most heavily funded research organizations in the country which has a good share of India's GDP channelled for its research work.
If you want to know the job profile of working in BARC I will highlight all the points below :
1. The full medical expenses are covered by BARC during service and only a nominal amount is cut from your salary each month for that.
2. Scientists directly join as Gazetted officers.
3. There is good career progress but you have to sit for promotion interviews.
4. The main BARC township has all the facilities you and your family would need, include full-fledged sports activities, cultural clubs, trekking clubs etc.
5. Work hours maybe 8 - 8.5 hrs of work with 5 days working a week and Sat and Sunday is off.
6. Apart from all these, the other facilities like LTC, EL and CL are all applicable just like any other central government job.
7. You can get your M.tech while on the job itself, so within two years of joining you would have your masters degree.
8. All have gone through a tough BARC interview before getting into BARC and that reflects in their work.
9. Your working place would be most probably in Mumbai.
So this is how a life of a BARC scientific officer looks like this Be sure you crack the one-hour BARC OCES/DGFS interview to get in.