BARC Driver syllabus 2022 carries 3 basic sections (i.e., English, General Knowledge, and Arithmetic) and 1 specific section (i.e., Motor Vehicle Act.). Each section is elaborated below:
Grammar, one-word substitutions, Shuffling of sentence parts, Idioms, and phrases, Spellings, Detecting Mis-spelt words, Fill in the blanks, Spot the error, Antonyms, and Sentence structure.
Vocabulary, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Synonyms/ Homonyms, etc.
The general knowledge section will carry three sections: Geography, Indian Economy, and Indian History. Each section is elaborated below for the candidates:
- Geography- Our Universe, Interior of Earth, Mountain, Plateau Rock, River Lakes Falls, Salinity, Continent Continent Shelf, Seas Ocean, Ocean Temperature, Islands Lakes, River Water Falls, Atmospheric Composition, etc
- Indian Economy- Planning In India, Population of India, Natural Resources of India, Infrastructure, Agriculture, Industry, Foreign Trade, International Organisation, Constitutional Development of India, Salient, Feature of the Constitution, Parts, National Insignia/Symbol, etc.
- Indian History- Harappan/Indus Civilization, Vedic, Religious Movements, Maurya Period, Gupta Period, Early Medieval Period, Mughal Period, The Advent of the Europeans, Expansion of British, Power, Religious Movement, Freedom Struggle, The Gandhian Era, World History, etc.
Points, lines and angles, Surds, Indices, Exponents, and Powers, Algebra, Probability, Surface area, Alligations and mixtures, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Area, Progressions, Problems on Train, Problems on Age, Volumes, Trigonometry, Averages, Mean, Median and Mode, Games and Races, Boat Problems, Heights and distances, chain rule, inequalities, Work and Wages, Discount, Number Series, Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, etc.
Motor Vehicle Act
- Bihar Motor Vehicles Rules, 1992
- Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
- Central Vehicle Rules 1989