The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL 2020-21 notification already. Candidates preparing for the same must be in search of the best book for SSC CGL preparation. Below, we have mentioned the most relevant books and the ideal time you should start reading a particular book for the SSC CGL 2021 Tier 1 exam preparation.
Best Books for SSC CGL 2021 - Subject Wise
In accordance with the changing scenario of SSC, it is important to give an equal weightage to each Subject of the SSC CGL examination. And for this, it is equally important to choose books that are exam-oriented, syllabus optimized, and comprehensive.
Best English Book for SSC CGL 2021 Exam
The best quality of the English books mentioned in the table below is that they are written in simple language and are easy to understand. As Hindi Medium candidates find the English section difficult to score, these books can be referred by both Hindi and English medium students.
|Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi|
|A Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|A mirror of Common Errors||A.K Singh|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Idiom & Phrases|
How to Learn Idioms and Phrases for SSC CGL 2021? Know the Best Tricks Here)
|Previous Year Papers||MB Publication|
Best Book for SSC CGL Maths 2021
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
|SSC Mathematics 5800+||Kiran Publication|
|Online Quiz (thousands of questions to practice are available)||Gradeup|
Best Reasoning Book for SSC CGL Exam 2020-21
The reasoning section questions of the SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam are easy in the difficulty level. SSC CGL aspirants need not refer to many books for this section. One book is sufficient which covers all the reasoning topics. Although, the reasoning section can be easily prepared with BYJU'S Exam Prep classes and quizzes.
|Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning||R.S. Agrawal|
Best General Awareness Book for SSC CGL Exam 2021
The general knowledge Section syllabus is quite vast for SSC CGL. Here are few books that would cover 90% of the syllabus
|Lucent G.K.||Lucent Publication|
|Kiran SSC CGL General Awareness Pointers||Kiran Publication|
|Current Affairs for SSC CGL|
Current Affairs for RRB NTPC/Group D/SSC Exams 2021 in Hindi, Download PDF!
Here are Some Useful Tips while Selecting SSC CGL Books 2021
- Since SSC has been in a dynamic mood for the last 2-3 years. There has been a change in the patterns, adoption of online procedures, changing the level of questions, and a lot more.
- Even from this year onwards, the candidates cracking the Tier I exam will be shortlisted for both Tier II and Tier III exams but the answer sheets for Tier III will only be checked, If a student qualifies Tier-II exam.
- Therefore, in this time of huge competition, it is very necessary to be selective and properly planned in your studies. Nowadays numerous books and online material is available.
- Thus, it is not possible and not even wise to follow all the material available. Therefore, it is suggested to follow the above-mentioned SSC CGL books recommended by the subject experts and toppers.
- Quizzes on BYJU'S Exam Prep are very comprehensive, conceptual, and based on previous years questions asked in SSC CGL exams. Hence regular attempts of online quizzes and short note preparation will definitely make a difference between you and offline users.
- Lastly, it’s better to practice from one book numerous times rather than practicing numerous books at once.
Ebooks (PDFs) vs Real Books
While everything around us is getting the switch to the digital, the question of ebooks vs printed books is in constant debate while preparing for SSC Exams. Sometimes it becomes difficult to decide between ebooks and printed books. Aspirants, these days prefer online study materials like e-books, monthly compilation, online classes, and mock tests. Let's see why e-books and pdfs are preferred over Real Books
Advantages of E-books(PDFs) over Real Books
- Ease of Reading: Aspirants can read it anywhere and anytime. This enables candidates to save their time and use it o the optimum level.
- Access to thousands of books: With access to good speed internet, candidates have access to N number of e-books on the same topic. Most of the study material for SSC CGL can be downloaded for free on BYJU'S Exam Prep
- Cost-Effective: These PDFs are available at a low price and free on the internet. If you still want to refer to any other sources you can easily read. On the contrary, you would be required to purchase every book if you go for the printed book
- Easy Highlighting and Book Marking: In the case of e-books, highlighting and bookmarking become really easy as compared to printed books. You can easily read your important highlighted notes with just one click
- Access to Updated information: In the case of the PDFs, you can get the pdf and ebooks with the updated information at the earliest. Candidates need not wait for the new edition to be printed to get updated study material
- Eg: You can easily get updated current affairs monthly PDFs
Study Material PDFs By BYJU'S Exam Prep
- Daily Word Power Series
- All Region States & UTs General Awareness: Know All Details and Hidden Facts and Download PDF
- Rules of Question Tag in English Grammar
- Learn and Revise Polity through Mind Maps: Tips and Tricks
- Tughlaq Dynasty: Rulers, Policies, Trick to Remember, PDF Download
- SSC and Railway Exams Notes: Important Points About the Interior Structure of the Earth
SSC CGL Exam Dates 2021
SSC CGL Notification 2020 Date
SSC CGL Apply Online 2020
Last date to Apply for SSC CGL 2020
SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card 2020
10 days before the exam
SSC CGL Exam Date 2020-21
July - August (Expected)
All the Best!!
Commentswrite a comment