How to prepare GK for UP VDO/Gram Panchayat Adhikari Exam 2018? In this article, we will talk about all the do's and don'ts one needs to know while start preparing for the UP VDO/Gram Panchayat Gk Section. Gk section is one of the important sections and carries 100 marks. Scoring good marks in this section can be quite tedious if one does not adopt a smart strategy. However, with the help of planned strategy, one can master this subject. Let's start with the syllabus part and move to discuss various sub-topics and the resources one would need to tackle them.
How to approach different topics of Gk Section?
- Current Affairs & GK of Uttar Pradesh Current Affairs and Gk of Uttar Pradesh is one of the vital parts of the Gk section and needs to be stressed more by the aspirants. Aspirants can go through the daily newspaper for current affairs with special emphasis on Uttar Pradesh. For preparing Gk of Uttar Pradesh, one should be well acquainted with the History, Geography and Static Gk related to Uttar Pradesh. You can refer our site for the study material the download link of which is provided below.
- Static Gk. Static Gk covers all the topics related to National and International Countries such as capitals, currencies, State symbol, State animal, Books and Authors, Country Flag, Important dates etc. This part can be covered easily by focusing only on the essentials such as the states or countries that were in news recently and covering all the static data about them.
- General Science. This topic covers Physics, Biology, and Chemistry up to 10th level. In order to prepare for this, you can download NCERTs from 8th grade to 10th grade and prepare notes. Once you are done preparing notes, you can go through them thrice a week. Apart from this, you can take help of BYJU'S Exam Prep notes in which we have covered each topic comprehensively. We have provided the download links below so that you can go through them and feel at ease.
- History. To prepare History you can take help of Lucent Gk which covers all aspects of this subject such as Ancient Era, Medieval Era, and Modern Era. While preparing for this subject, more emphasis should be laid on Modern Era and Medieval Era. Be very selective in your approach by going through the previous year papers and understanding the needs of the examiner. You can also take help from BYJU'S Exam Prep History notes for a proper understanding of the subject.
- Geography: For the Geography section also, you can refer Lucent Gk with more focus on Indian geography. Apart from this, you can go through NCERT books (6th to 10th Grade) to create a base for yourself. You can go through study material as well as associated mocks given on our site to get a hold on the subject.
- Polity: For Polity section also, you can refer Lucent Gk. More stress should be laid on the Indian constitution with different articles and their recent amendments. Learning articles is a tough task for many so it is advised to write down all the important articles on a sheet of paper and revise it on a regular basis. You can also refer BYJU'S Exam Prep study notes, the download of which is provided below. Other than this, you can have a good command over the subject by going through our daily quizzes or BYJU'S Exam Prep mock tests.
- Miscellaneous Topics. Topics such as Indian Culture, Economic issues in India & Music & Literature can be covered by going through any relevant book such as Lucent or Manohar Pandey. You should know about different forms of festivals and folk dances, basics of Indian economy and its current relevance, state rankings, person and his associated field etc. Questions from these topics are trending these days and thus cannot be neglected. You can take help of BYJU'S Exam Prep notes on various topics.
Do's and Don'ts
To begin with preparation, one should know all the do's and don'ts in order to increase one's chances of success. You can follow the tips and tricks and things to avoid while preparing for the exam.
- Time Management. Time management plays an important role when appearing for any competitive exam. While preparing for this section, you must keep devoting atleast 3 hours per day of which 1 hour should be given to revision. In this way, you will never forget what you learn on daily basis. Practicing mocks will help you in deciding the time you devote to different sections and is a good way to hone your skills so that you do not feel nervous while taking an examination.
- Go through Newspapers daily: Just as you update your mobile phones it is mandatory to keep yourself updated of what is happening around you. Going through newspaper on a regular basis helps you accomplish just that. Inculcate this habit in your daily routine and you will find a real difference in the way you perceive things. Not only does it provide information about the things around us but it also conditions our thinking.
- Do not take State Gk lightly as it will carry a large volume of questions. It is advised to keep a watch on various events associated with Uttar Pradesh and this includes various schemes, census etc.
All the best!
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep!