With a few days left for the conduction of the SSC CGL 2021 Exam, candidates are facing last-minute apprehensions about their preparation levels and performance in the exam. We have come up with the best revision tips for SSC CGL Exam so that you can give your best and ensure your name in the final merit list.
The success in this exam depends on what you can recall on the final day. The topics, tricks, tips, and concepts you remember on the day of the examination are directly proportional to your revision time. The more the revision, the better it is for your chances to clear the SSC CGL Tier 1 2021 exam.
The competition level for the SSC CGL exam is quite high due to the increased number of applicants. We urge the candidates to focus on the revision tips and topics given here during their last-minute preparations. Preferably, it would be best if you revise every subject 2-3 times before the exam.
If you can manage to attempt more revision rounds, then it is the cherry on the top.
SSC CGL 2021 Important Revision Tips Exam
The last few days leading up to the exam demand smart preparation. Last-minute preparation tips and tricks for candidates appearing for the SSC CGL exam benefit them in getting success and achieving their dreams.
Revision is the Key
- With only a few days remaining for the paper, the only strategy which aids you in doing wonders is revision.
- It is time to brush up the base concepts, formulas, and essential topics.
Picking the Right Revision materials
- We suggest that don’t revise large chunks of study materials instead use short notes.
- Invest your time and hard work on the topics which you have mastered to enhance your confidence level.
- You must formulate section-wise strategies.
Practice Mock Tests and Previous Year Question Papers
- Aspirants must solve past year’s question papers and mock tests to enhance their performance. It also helps in apprehending the difficulty level of the exam and your question-solving ability.
- You can improve your accuracy and achieve success by understanding the exam level, essential topics, and exact exam pattern.
- By practicing mock tests and previous questions, you can analyze your performance and follow the critical problems asked every year. You can give yourself an idea of the actual paper by attempting these questions within the time limit.
Know the Previous Year and Expected Cut-off
- Knowing the cut-off of the exam helps you in setting the standard as cut off has only increased over the years.
- You must focus on the higher score to get success in the exam.
- You can refer to the SSC CGL Result for the facts about the previous year's cut off.
Time is of Great Essence
- You have only 60 minutes to attempt the exam. Therefore, you must balance the time with accuracy and speed. You must give your best shot in a given time frame.
- Attempting the mock test helps you in analyzing your strengths and weaknesses.
- Start by solving the questions for which you have the confidence and the ones which carry the higher weightage.
- You can follow this indicative strategy, or you can modify this as per your strengths. Firstly, try to attempt the Reasoning section in the first 12-14 minutes. You can give the next 25 minutes for the QA section. Try to solve the English part in the next 10-12 minutes. Leave the General Awareness section for the last 8-10 minutes.
- If you are stuck on one question, then move ahead with the next one and do not waste your time on one.
- Do not spend too much time on a single problem or section. Try to solve all the parts in a specific time frame.
- You must keep in mind that you get only a minute to answer a question. So, if you are not sure to solve a problem in a minute, then skip that one.
Check your Documents
- Don’t forget to download and print the Admit Card for the 2020 exam from the SSC CGL website.
- Make sure to keep a pen and pencil handy.
- Don’t forget to carry two passport size photographs.
Relax your Mind and Sleep Properly
- Rejuvenate your physical and mental strength by sleeping appropriately.
- Keep yourself stress-free to perform better in the exam. Be comfortable and calm so that the brain can give its best-ever performance.
- Concentrate and focus on your strategy.
- Take a healthy and balanced diet.
- Try not to spend the whole night before the paper for revision or preparation.
Be Positive and Confident
- Stay positive and confident in the exam for that ultimate victory. Handle the paper with a positive attitude.
- Do not panic. Be self-reliant and give it your best.
Important points to Remember During the Exam
- Try to reach the examination center on time for optimal performance in the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam.
- During the exam, don’t try to attempt anything which you have not studied.
- First, solve the questions in which you have confidence rather than guessing the answers.
- Leverage the method of elimination in complicated problems and try to get answers by it.
- Maintain your speed and accuracy to maximize your score. Be careful and vigilant of negative marking.
- Read the questions entirely and carefully to understand what is being asked. Avoid the blunder of reading incomplete questions and answering them incorrectly.
It is crucial to bear in mind that last-minute preparation does not imply in-depth studies. We advise the aspirants to brush up all the vital topics for clearing this exam with ease.
Best Revision Plan to Follow for SSC CGL 2021
SSC CGL is scheduled from 3rd March to 09th March 2020. The first step before starting revision is remembering and understanding the exam pattern. In previous years, SSC has made some changes in the exam pattern, and to avoid any last-minute confusion, candidates must review the exam pattern and structure again. Significant points to keep in mind are:
Nature of Exam
SSC CGL is a computer-based exam that has multiple-choice questions.
Duration of the Examination
The exam duration is 60 minutes. However, for aspirants who have Cerebral Palsy and visually handicapped applicants, the length is 80 minutes.
Each question is of 2 marks. There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks for every attempted wrong answer from the total score.
Number of Questions
Total Marks of Each Subject
General Intelligence & Reasoning
The table above demonstrates the section-wise questions and marks distribution for the exam.
Check also: Last minutes Tips to Score 160+ in SSC CGL Exam
Section-wise Revision Preparation for SSC CGL Exam
Your last-minute revision plan for SSC CGL must start with focal and scoring topics. You cannot revise the complete syllabus of SSC CGL exam in a short time. Therefore, the areas that can fetch a maximum of marks in the limited time frame must be your priority. SSC CGL revision tips for scoring high marks in all the sections are as follows:
- This section mainly consists of questions based on Vocabulary, Grammar, and Reading Comprehension.
- Candidates must revise all the grammar rules like tenses, nouns, articles, subject-verb agreement, usage of conjunctions, and prepositional phrases.
- You must practice 3-5 comprehension passages daily.
- Aspirants must read the English newspaper for current affairs awareness and improving their reading speed.
- You can enrich your vocabulary by using Thesaurus or learning from online flashcards.
- Always note down formulae, tricks, and strategies for this section. It helps you to refresh mathematical concepts in a short span.
- High-scoring topics are algebra, profit-loss, trigonometry, geometry, mensuration, time, speed, and distance. Revising these topics can help you to score maximum marks in SSC CGL.
- Practice as many mock tests and previous year papers as you can.
- Aspirants should memorize the directions (north, east, south, and west) and sub-directions accurately.
- Learning the alphabetical positions can help in quick revision.
- Practicing more questions on series is another revision tip. These questions are frequent in SSC CGL exams.
- Solving previous year papers is excellent for revising this topic as SSC CGL repeats some questions every time.
- Focus more on Politics, modern history, economics, and current affairs. Keep yourself in the loop with national and international events.
It is advisable that during the last phase of exam preparation, DO NOT study any new topic. The best thing is to revise and practice the subjects that you have previously explored.
The syllabus for SSC CGL is quite vast; however, revising the topics which you have already studied can be beneficial. You must not underestimate the importance of revision as it helps you to recollect the essential concepts, formulas, and other facts.
We recommend that aspirants should make short notes and shortcuts so that they can glance through them to revise the topics and refresh their memory.