For the students preparing for their upcoming board examination or banking examination, having a thorough knowledge of all the numerical and theorems is very important. The number series syllabus for bank exams is huge and accounts for a lot of marks in your exam. A clear idea, focus, and practice provides you with the ability to solve numericals quickly and helps in scoring well in your exam.
Candidates planning to prepare for the banking examination, there are three types of banks that are conducting the exam in the country, i.e., IBPS, State Bank, and RBI for mainly two vital posts at the banks which are Bank PO/ Bank Probationary and Bank Clerk.
What is Number Series?
Number series is a series of patterns of numbers that are present in an order with some wrongly placed and missing numbers. As one of the most important topics from quantitative aptitude, candidates must be able to find out the accurate missing number using methods like subtraction, multiplication, division, addition, etc.
Important Topics in Number Series for Banking Exam Preparation
Distance and Direction
Puzzles and Logical Reasoning
Tips to Prepare for Number Series Questions for Bank Exams
- Solve previous years' or past papers as much as possible, so that you can have an idea of the pattern of the questions.
- Solve question banks and model papers to develop a stronghold on the subject.
- Sign up for various free mock tests that are available online.
- Test yourself with online and offline tests.
- One of the best number series tricks for bank exams is to read the question carefully, at least twice, before attempting.
- Always check the order of the series of the numbers. It is very important to identify the order and rate of these numbers, whether the sequence is in increasing/ decreasing or placed in alternating order. As many students fail only because they are not able to figure out the sequence.
Importance of Number Series in Banking Examination
- Number series are an integral part of all Government exams conducted that follow numerical/ logical pattern based questions on arithmetic concepts.
- The number series questions provide reasoning abilities that allow companies to process and analyse data easily.
- A complete number series is followed by an incomplete series and provides candidates with a task to solve the incomplete series in the same pattern as the complete series.
- Number series is basically a sequence made out of numbers. A candidate must detect the rule and should be able to find out the missing number in the sequence that will result in the completion of the sequence in the correct order. This enhances the candidate’s logical abilities.
Most Recommended Books for Number Series
Mentioned below are some of the best books for number series for banking exams according to reviews and from students who have already cleared their exam:
Name of the Book
Inequalities and Number Series
Fast Track Objective
Quantitative Aptitude for All Examination
Why Prepare for Number Series From BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a site that provides all-in-one solutions for all your doubts. Aspirants preparing for their banking examination or any Government examination can prepare themselves by visiting BYJU'S Exam Prep, as they provide mock test papers with easy and simplified explanations of the topics. You can also take part in quizzes and solve numerical. BYJU'S Exam Prep provides a direct explanation of the topics through videos by highly skilled professional teachers so that you can learn through a step-by-step process easily. BYJU'S Exam Prep is here to help with all your exam-related queries. You can avail of the benefits of study planners and work your way upwards to complete all the sections in time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to solve a number series question quickly in my bank exam?
Ans. Well, the answer is simple.
- Solve or practice number series questions as much as you can either by studying from multiple books or participating in various number series quizzes for bank exams online. You can also download the number series pdf for bank exams that is available for free.
- Prepare a list of number series topics for bank exams, make easy formulas for each series and practice them regularly.
- Revise number series questions daily whenever you have free time.
Tips to solve bank PO questions in exams.
Ans. A number series question can be a little complex, and you don't want to waste your time in your examination to find answers using lengthy formulas and reading generic books, as the questions may differ in the exam. A number series question bank PO allows you with an easy and detailed explanation of the numerical, which you can easily learn and practice at home to build a strong conceptual understanding and develop skills that can help you clear your banking examination easily. You can find all number series pdf with solutions for bank exams online at BYJU'S Exam Prep.
Which is the best number series test for banking?
Ans: The best number series mock test series is provided by BYJU'S Exam Prep. These test series are based on previously asked questions from banking exams throughout the years. The coaches are highly experienced, trained professionals with many years of teaching experience, who will guide you through your journey.
Can I clear the bank exam in one attempt?
Ans: Yes, definitely. With an ample amount of practice and study hours, segregated into regular time slots, you can clear the exam in your first attempt.
Is practising mock tests mandatory to clear the exam?
Ans: No, it is not mandatory to practice mock tests. However, it is highly recommended to practise them to get an idea about the pattern of questions and the time it takes to solve the entire paper.