Government exams are almost like a trend in our country where thousands of candidates appear for the examination to get a job. For the candidates appearing for their board or banking examination, having a store knowledge of English literature is a must to clear their exam. A Cloze Test is an integral topic of Government examination, i.e., for banking and also for candidates joining insurance companies such as LIC to apply for posts such as SBI PO, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI Clerk, LIC, etc.
We will discuss the Cloze test, some tips on how to prepare for the examination, and why a candidate needs to pass the examination.
What is a Cloze Test?
The exam pattern for banking examination has changed a lot in recent years. One of the biggest challenges for aspirants is to clear a Cloze test. The Cloze test comes under English literature and is one of the most important aspects of Government and competitive examinations. The objective of this Cloze test is to measure a candidate's analysing power, grammar, and vocabulary skills.
The Cloze test is an exercise with 'fill in the blanks' questions. A paragraph or comprehension is given with some missing words with few options, and a candidate must choose the correct words from the options that fit into the blank part and complete the sentence.
Mentioned below is an example of Cloze test problems in bank exam:
Today, I went to ____ to buy some rice and vegetables. I knew it was going to rain, but I didn't take my _____ and so I got wet.
Important Cloze Test Topics for Bank Exams
Tenses and Articles
Tips to Solve for Cloze Test Questions
- There are a few Cloze test tricks for bank exams that are available on BYJU'S Exam Prep, which you can refer to prepare yourself to do well in the exam.
- Prepare a list of all the Cloze test syllabus for bank exams, not only for English literature but for every subject. Make a schedule to study them by distributing equal time to all subjects
- Read from all old and recent topics or articles. Apart from textbooks, also study Cloze test questions and answers for bank exams from past papers and guides to boost your knowledge on the topics
- Make a handy note for all important topics, and practice them regularly
- One of the most important tips is solving previous years’ sample papers, as solving them gives you an idea about the pattern of the questions that are frequently asked in the exam.
Importance of a Cloze Test
- The cloze test helps to build a candidate's ability to understand a context and develop vocabulary.
- It is extremely helpful in reading instructions and helps candidates to turn missing information into a text
- Cloze test is a comprehension reading exercise where a candidate has to fill the correct word in the blank to make a complete sentence. It is valuable, as it provides useful knowledge and information in developing skills and has command over the topic.
- Not only fill in the blanks but the Cloze test also uses various other exercises that help to build students’ learning abilities.
Important Books for Cloze Test for Bank Exams
Mentioned below are some of the best books to study for Cloze tests according to the students who have already cleared their exam:
Name of the Book
Cloze Test/ Neon Comprehension
Cloze Test and Passage
Comprehension and Cloze
Why Prepare a Cloze Test From BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides all-in-one solutions for all your doubts related to not only English literature but all the subjects. Through BYJU'S Exam Prep, aspirants can participate in various activities such as participating in the online Cloze test quiz for bank exams or even solve questions online. BYJU'S Exam Prep guides you in topic wise explanations for all the subjects in an easy way through highly trained professional teachers. BYJU'S Exam Prep provides free access to the complete syllabus for all the subjects and helps in preparing for Government examinations. Candidates can also find the latest information on exams, previous years' sample papers, study materials, Cloze test questions and answers pdf for bank exams, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to solve Cloze Test questions quickly in the exam?
- Solve/ practice questions regularly either by solving Cloze test questions and answers for banks exams or through participating in various online Cloze tests or mock exams.
- Download all the latest syllabus and Cloze test pdfs that are available on BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- Prepare a list of recent and important topics and make easy Cloze test formulas for bank exams. Try reading grammar books or articles to develop vocabulary skills.
What are the best practices for Cloze test questions in the examination?
- Read the passage carefully and thoroughly before attempting.
- Make sure to choose the correct option for the sentence that fits into the paragraph and is grammatically and contextually correct that interlinks with each other.
- Try to create your answers according to the alphabets, flow, tone, chronology, grammar, context, keywords, etc. so that the paragraph makes sense.
What is the best Cloze test for banking?
Ans: Geadeup is the best for such topics. Cloze mock test series provided by them comes from years of experience in the field. These test series are based on previously asked questions for banking and students preparing for board examinations. The coaches are highly trained professionals and will provide you with all Cloze test notes for bank exams regardless of the subject.
Is it possible to clear Cloze test in a single attempt?
Ans. Yes, definitely with adequate practice, taking Cloze test online tests for bank exams, making formulas and notes, and solving sample papers you can easily clear the Cloze test in your first attempt.
Does the Cloze test help in developing learning and vocabulary skills?
Ans. Yes, with ample practice and solving of Cloze test questions you can develop your learning abilities and vocabulary skills with knowledge on grammar, context, specific words, keywords, as the more you read, the better you get.