Vocabulary for Bank Exams
By : Akash Mishra
Updated : May 12, 2021, 11:00
Vocabulary is a nightmare for most of us, but it forms a significant part in every competitive exam, including banking exams. Vocabulary questions and answer banks play an important role in the preparation to gain success in various bank PO exams. The language section in the banking exam is relatively easy as compared to other competitive exams. Nonetheless, if you have been facing any issues with the language, your inhibitions will be over after reading this.
We will go through detailed information regarding the vocabulary requirements and cover all the vocabulary topics for bank exams. Every year, lakhs of students appear for the banking exams. Some leading banks, such as RBI, SBI, NABARD, conduct their separate exams. We also have other exams like IBPS Clerk, PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, RBI Grade A, B, NABARD Grade A&B, LIC, AAO, etc. All these exams require a sound knowledge of language and vocabulary. You must keep in mind that Vocabulary topics are essential for these exams.
Vocabulary Important Topics for Bank Exams
When you are trying to ace anything, you should break it down in parts and start grasping it for longer retention. Vocabulary notes are a great way to break down the large chunk of knowledge in small portions.
Reading comprehension is an important topic in the bank exam. Good Vocabulary is a necessity to understand the comprehension completely.
The Cloze test will check your ability to understand the words and your vocabulary command.
You can attempt some online vocabulary tests to ace error spotting.
Multiple meaning words
Vocabulary questions and answers PDF for bank exams can help you to understand this portion of the English test.
Tips to Prepare Vocabulary for Bank Exams
- Reading on the go: Make reading a daily habit. When you read, you naturalize words automatically. Try reading a piece of news, to begin with.
- Learn new words: Set daily targets to learn new words. This will help to keep up with learning and also help you boost your vocabulary.
- Learn through root words: You can learn many words in a single go by using this technique. You can relate the meaning of derived words through root words.
- Keep a dictionary with you while reading: You might come across some words while reading whose meaning you are not aware of, a dictionary can come in handy in such situations. That is how you can understand these words and boost your vocabulary.
- Vocabulary quizzes: You can take some vocabulary quizzes to test your vocabulary. This will help you to keep track of your learning with time.
- Vocabulary problems in previous bank exams: You must consider last year's bank exams’ vocabulary problems to get an idea of these types of questions.
- Study the vocabulary syllabus for bank exams: You must know the syllabus for the bank exams so that you do not miss out on important topics to be asked in the exam.
Importance of Vocabulary in English Section for Bank exams
These are some important points to understand the importance of vocabulary in bank exams:
- Vocabulary is a must to know topic to attempt the Reading Comprehension portion.
- Good vocabulary helps you ace the interview of the Bank exam.
- The multiple meaning portion of the English test can be solved easily with the help of sound vocabulary.
Recommended Books for Vocabulary for Banking Exams
You can go through the following books to boost your vocabulary in the bank exams:
- 504 Essential Words
- The Vocabulary Builder Workbook
Why prepare Vocabulary with BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a great learning platform. It makes your learning journey easy and interesting. You can quickly build your vocabulary at a single destination. BYJU'S Exam Prep will provide you with different vocabulary notes for bank exams and also help you to test your vocabulary from time to time. Vocabulary tricks for bank exams are also well conveyed through BYJU'S Exam Prep. You can also find some great vocabulary grasping techniques on the platform. This platform also serves you with best questions and answers pdf for banking exams which will help you immensely.
Also Check -
- How to improve my vocabulary for bank exams?
You must always keep on reading, learn new words every day, set targets for yourself, keep a dictionary handy, etc.
- How to prepare for reading comprehension?
You must build a useful vocabulary and maintain an excellent reading speed.
- How to test my abilities?
You must go through different tips for bank exams and then solve vocabulary problems for bank questions.