What are crops?
Plants that are grown by farmers are called crops. Crops grown through agriculture play an important role in the Indian Economy. Around 60 to 70 per cent of our economy is agriculture based and it is the main occupation in the rural areas. The cultivation of crops mainly depends on the type of soil and the weather conditions. There are mainly two types of crops which are Kharif and Rabi crops.
- The crops which are grown in the winter season and harvested in the spring season are called Rabi crops
- Rabi is derived from the Arabic word which means spring
- Examples of Rabi crops are Wheat, Gram, Mustard, etc.
- Crops that are grown in the monsoon season are called Kharif crops
- Kharif is derived from the Arabic word which means Autumn
- The seeds of the Kharif crop are sown at the beginning of the monsoon season and harvested at the end of the monsoon season
- The crops grown in the Kharif season require a lot of water and hot weather for proper growth
- The crops which are grown between the Kharif and Rabi season are called Zaid crops, i.e., between March and June
- These type of crops gets matured early
- Zaid crops include Cucumber, Musk Melon, Watermelon, Bitter gourd, Pumpkin, Ridged Gourd
Trick to Remember Rabi Crops
WBC अगर Low है तो सुबह Oats खाओ और MUSTARD Oil में खाना बनाओ
Trick to Remember Kharif Crops
BJP के CM GST के फायदे बताने के लिए SRM University गए
Tricks to Remember Zaid Crops
Road पे Water भर जाने के कारण CM का BP high हो गया
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections