Solution: 3 -Crosscut chisel
The chisel used for cutting keyway is cross cut chisel
Chisel is a cutting tool which is widely used in fields such as carpentry, masonry and other construction works.
It is made from high carbon steel or chrome vanadium steel.
Types of chisel-
- Flat chisels: It is used to remove metal from large surfaces and removes excess metal of welded joints and castings.
- Cross-cut or cape chisels: The chisel used for cutting keyway is cross cut chisel.
- Half-round nose chisels: Half-round nose chisels are used for cutting curved grooves (oil grooves).
- Diamond point chisels: At the corners, Diamond point chisels are used for squaring materials .
- Web chisels: For separating metals after chain drilling, web chisels are used.
☛ Related Questions:
Commentswrite a comment