Symbolic Operations questions form an integral part of the quantitative section of competitive government exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS Clerk, PO, SBI Clerk, PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, PO, RBI Grade A, B, NABARD Grade A & B, and LIC AAO. The following article aims to acquaint the aspirants of these examinations with essential information on the Symbolic Operations questions.
We provide students access to the symbolic operations syllabus for SSC exams to ensure that they are well-versed in symbolic operations rules, symbolic operations formula for SSC exams, and symbolic operations problems asked in SSC exams. Understand the best way to prepare the Symbolic Operations questions and ace the exam.
Important Symbolic Operations Topics
Given below are some important symbolic operations topics for SSC exams that students should keep in mind:
Symbols are characters that denote mathematical operations. They are applied to problems following the rules of BODMAS to find the answer. Examples include: +, –, ×, ÷, > , <
Statement and Conclusion
This includes questions where symbols have a predefined meaning that is informed to students through a Statement that they are required to solve to arrive at a Conclusion.
These are questions where symbols acquire the meanings of mathematical symbols. This meaning is stated and needs to be worked out according to the rules of BODMAS to find an answer.
These are questions where symbols denote relationships between two different entities in the problem.
Tips to Solve/ Prepare Symbolic Operations Questions
Here are some easy to follow symbolic operations tricks for SSC exams that we provide our students for solving questions on Symbolic Operations:
- Approach problems of symbolic operations with common sense and reasoning logics to begin understanding the question.
- Once you start understanding the question, start deciphering the meaning of each operation.
- Since the questions are designed to test the student’s critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills, it is important to improve your logical skills through constant practice.
- The best way to practice is to solve as many previous year questions as possible while keeping the current pattern and structure of the exam in mind.
- Design a study schedule and stick to it to maximise your results.
- Do not start solving any question with preconceived notions or assumptions.
Importance of Symbolic Operations in the Quantitative Section of Competitive Banking & Government Exams
- The quantitative analysis section of competitive government exams contains at least three to five questions on symbolic operations. This makes the topic important to prepare before sitting in any exam.
- Many symbolic operations questions are based on the fundamental principle of the topic.
- Coding and decoding is another important topic in the quantitative analysis section. Preparing for symbolic operations also helps aspirants prepare for coding and decoding questions.
- Symbolic operations questions also require knowledge of geometrical figures. Therefore, preparing for the topic also ensures that students become equipped with information on geometry, which is another important topic they need to prepare.
- Symbolic operations are probably one of the easiest and the most scoring topics in the quantitative analysis section of government exams. Therefore, preparing for the topic thoroughly can help students acquire marks without allocating too much time to a question.
Most Recommended Books for Symbolic Operations
In addition to our symbolic operations questions and answers PDF for SSC exams, here are books you can refer to for your preparation:
SSS Quantitative Aptitude (Arithmetical Ability)
Sectional Tests for Quantitative Aptitude
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams
Why Prepare Symbolic Operations from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep offers innumerable symbolic operations questions and answers for SSC exams tp practice and revise the topic in an efficient manner. BYJU'S Exam Prep also provides symbolic operations quiz for SSC exams to help students practice, and symbolic operations notes for SSC exams to help solve their doubts.
Practice symbolic operations online tests for SSC exams to aid your practice to prepare them for actual test settings. To further help students get acquainted with test-taking conditions, we provide symbolic operations practice sets for SSC as well as symbolic operations practice tests for SSC exams.
Frequently Asked Questions about symbolic operations questions
- How many sections are there in SSC?
- General Studies
- Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning
- English Comprehension
- Is there negative marking in SSC exam?
Yes, 0.25 marks are deducted as a penalty for every wrong answer.
- What is a symbolic operation?
Symbolic operations are an arrangement of numbers, alphabets, and symbols in any given order employed to solve questions based on mathematical rules.
- What is the rule of solving mathematical operations?
Most mathematical operations questions can be solved through the rule of BODMAS, which stands for Brackets, Orders, Division, Multiplication, Addition, and Subtraction. This implies that to solve any questions using BODMAS, students must first solve the brackets followed by powers, division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction respectively.
- What are the steps to solve symbolic operations?
Follow in these steps in the given order:
- Check the equations are correct based on symbols equivalent to signs
- Interchange the signs
- Balance the equation
- Solve the equation