There are various other sub-topics that are asked in the competitive exams. The syllabus of competitive government exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, SBI Clerk, PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, PO, RBI Grade A, B, NABARD Grade A & B, and LIC AAO is vast. There are many other subtopics questions and answers that appear in SSC exams and other Railway Exams that can be easily solved and you can secure a good rank.
Check detailed information on other subtopics syllabus for SSC exams, as well as other subtopics questions and answers PDF for SSC exams. Find the best way to prepare for Other sub-topics questions and also the best books to cover the topics. It is essential to be clear about the kind of questions asked and practice consistently to secure highest marks.
Important Other Sub- Topics
Check all the Important Other Sub-Topics that are asked in various SSC Exams and Railway Exams.
- Profit and loss
- Odd One Out
- Figure Problems
- One Word Substitution
- Synonym/ Antonym
Tips to Solve/ Prepare Other Sub Topics Questions
Other sub-topics is a vast topic that can be overwhelming while preparing for competitive government exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other railway exams. Given below are some useful tips and tricks that will come in handy while studying the topic:
- Look at the questions asked in previous SSC CGL and CHSL exams to become acquainted with the kind of questions asked in the exam.
- Prepare a study schedule that allots equal time to all topics and stick to it to prepare all topics thoroughly.
- Take as many online mock tests and sample papers as you can to get well-versed with the settings of the exam and practice time management.
Importance of Other Sub- Topics in Quantitative Section of Competitive Banking & Government Exams
As mentioned above, other subtopics fall under four different categories or headings that appear on the SSC exams. All four of these categories are equally important to prepare for the following reasons:
- Preparing for other subtopics such as coding-decoding, odd one out, and analogy gives aspirants of SSC an edge in the General Intelligence and Reasoning section. This comes in handy as this is one of the most scoring sections on the exam.
- In the English section, other subtopics include questions on vocabulary and grammar rules. Hence, preparing for questions on other subtopics also helps students prepare for other topics that are frequently asked in the English section.
- Preparing for other subtopics Time and Work, Number System, BODMAS, and Percentage help students prepare for all major topics and subjects that form an integral part of the quantitative aptitude syllabus of the SSC CGL exam. Therefore, preparing for the subtopics will also give students essential knowledge of arithmetic mathematics and data interpretation.
- Current affairs and general awareness are the subtopics that always help aspirants of SSC one way or the other. Questions range from topics of history to zoology, from political science to general science, all of the subtopics are useful for students preparing for any competitive government exams.
Most Recommended Books for Other Sub- Topics
The market is abundant with books that can help the SSC aspirants prepare for the exam. Here the ones we recommend:
Elementary and Advanced Mathematics
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Objective English for Competitive Examinations
H M Prasad
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
Dr R.S. Aggarwal
Why prepare Other Sub- Topics from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is the ultimate destination for aspirants of SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other Railway Exams to prepare for the exam. BYJU'S Exam Prep offers students with detailed and comprehensive information on other subtopics to help students prepare thoroughly for the exam. This includes several downloadable PDFs of sample questions, other sub-topics questions to practice and answers to give students an idea of the kind of questions asked in the exam.
BYJU'S Exam Prep also helps you understand all the relevant formulas and provides comprehensive study material to ensure that you understand Other Sub- Topics in a detailed manner for the upcoming exams.
Frequently Asked Questions about Other Sub- Topics
1- How many types of SSC exams are there?
There are two types of SSC exams: SSC CGL that is an abbreviation of Staff Selection Commission- Combined Graduate Level Examination, and SSC CHSL that stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam.
2- How many levels of SSC exams are there?
There are three tiers of the SSC exam. Tier – I is an Objective Multiple Choice exam that is Computer Based. Tier – II is also an Objective Multiple Choice and is Computer Based. Tier – III is a Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi and is conducted in the Pen and Paper mode.
3- How to prepare for all the subtopics asked in SSC?
Start by getting familiar with the entire syllabus of other subtopics. As stated earlier, the subject is vast and many students can miss out on certain important topics because they do not realise it is a part of the syllabus.
Create bold facebook comments with TextFancy.com, convert and browse unicode characters. Generate ascii art and play with text.