Odd one out questions forms an important part in the quantitative analysis section of SSC CGL and CHSL exams. The exam includes a good number of the odd one out questions every year. The topic also forms an important part of IBPS Clerk and IBPS PO exams. You will be able to access all the relevant information on the odd one out syllabus for SSC exams, as well as the odd one out formulas, problems, rules, tricks, and topics.
Candidates preparing for such competitive must check information on the odd one out questions and answers for SSC exams, which includes quizzes, notes, online tests, practice sets and practice tests, and questions and answers PDF. All the relevant details about the Odd one out questions asked in the exam is mentioned below.
Important Odd One Out Topics
Odd One Out questions follow a fixed pattern, and the item that doesn’t fit in that pattern will be the answer. Candidates must learn how to recognise the pattern. Patterns are categorized as a classification of three types:
1- Alphabet Classification
Alphabet classifications follow a certain pattern by putting three or more letters in groups that share a similar quality. The odd one out can be found by analysing the groups of letters to evaluate which group does not follow the pattern of other groups.
2- Word Classification
Word classifications are made by words that share properties like types of nouns, or verbs, or adjectives, except for one word that does not share anything in common with the rest. This word is the odd one out of the answer of the question.
3- Number Classification
Number classification, as the name suggests, are when numbers following a certain fixed pattern are grouped together. Here it becomes important to analyse the type of numbers grouped together, that is, even, odd, prime, coded binary, rational, cubes, and squares. The answer is the number that does not belong to the same type or category as others, and hence, is the odd one out.
Tips to Solve/ Prepare Odd One Out Questions
- Find a point of difference among the options provided in the question. The odd one out is the one that does not belong to the same group as the others.
- Try to analyse all options and link them using their purpose or characteristics to analyse how they relate to each other.
Importance of Odd One Out in Quantitative Section of Competitive Banking & Government Exams
- Quantitative analysis is an important segment of SSC exams as well as other competitive government exams. Odd one out is a part of the segment’s syllabus, and hence, it becomes essential for students to prepare it.
- It is also one of the most scoring sections of the exams and, therefore, preparing for it well will help students score in the exam.
- Since solving number classifications requires knowledge of number systems, preparing for the odd one out will also help students prepare for this another important topic of the SSC syllabus.
- Preparing for word classifications of odd one out also helps students become well-versed in the verbal and English section of the exam.
Most Recommended Books for Odd One Out
Check out the best books to understand and practice Odd One Out questions for the exams.
Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
Dr R.S. Aggarwal
Dr R. S. Aggarwal
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Why prepare Odd One Out from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep offers courses on the odd one out that help aspirants of SSC and other such exams prepare for the exam. These courses comprise previous years questions to help students get an idea as to the kind of questions that are asked in the exam. We also offer mock and practice tests that are designed to give students a feel of actual exam settings to help them become well-versed with the same. The course also includes tips and tricks, and shortcut and rules as well as sample questions of odd one out. These are available for download in PDF format for the convenience of students.
Frequently Asked Questions on Odd One Out
1- How to find an odd object in a group?
Approach a question of odd one out with basic common sense and use simple logic to identify a point of difference in the group.
2- What are the categories of identifying an odd one out?
There are three categories to identify the answer:
- Even or Odd
- Figure of speech
- Use and the applicability of the object
3- What are the categories of number series problems while solving questions of odd one out?
There are various categories of numbers that can be used while solving these problems:
- Check the link among given numbers
- Check the connection among numbers
- See how the numbers are grouped