Numerical Operations questions frequently appear in competitive government exams. Most of Numerical Operations questions form a fair percentage of the quantitative analysis section of exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS Clerk, PO, SBI Clerk, PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, PO, RBI Grade A, B, NABARD Grade A & B, and LIC AAO. Below mentioned are all the necessary information for the aspirants to comprehensively prepare Numerical Operations questions. From numerical operations notes for SSC exams to the SSC exams' numerical operations syllabus, we have everything our students need and more.
Students can also find numerical operations tricks for SSC exams to ensure a complete understanding of the topic and understand all the numerical operations topics for SSC exams. Also, learn numerical operations formula for SSC exams for best results.
Important Numerical Operations Topics
These are questions where students are required to numerical symbols with a mathematical statement.
Interchange of signs and numbers
In these types of questions, comparisons are made between mathematical statements and the correct answer can be found by interchanging these statements.
In these questions, mathematical symbols are used to compare statements and the students are required to analyse them to reach a conclusion.
Questions that require a direct application of the mathematical formula for a given numerical operation.
Tips to Solve/ Prepare Numerical Operations Questions
- Approach the problem with logic to improve your analytical skills instead of unfounded and unnecessary assumptions.
- Gain excellent command over the core concepts of the topic.
- Practice samples as much as possible.
- Skimp through previous years question papers to get an idea of the kind of questions asked in the exam.
- Stick to a study routine to avoid losing touch of basics and keep tracking your progress throughout your preparation duration.
Importance of Numerical Operations in the Quantitative Section of Competitive Banking & Government Exams
- Numerical operations make up at least one to two questions of the SSC exam's quantitative analysis section, which makes it important to prepare for students.
- The questions can be solved easily in a short period with constant practice. This helps students fetch good marks, along with practising time management during the exam.
- Preparing for numerical operations also helps prepare students for questions on symbolic operations like +, –, ×, ÷, >, <, since these symbols denote fundamental mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and less than, greater than, equal to, and not equal to.
- Numerical operations questions are solved using the rules of BODMAS, and hence preparing for them also helps prepare for the topic of BODMAS on which many questions appear in the exam.
Most Recommended Books for Numerical Operations
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams
7500+ Sample Questions
9th & 10th Mathematics
Why prepare Numerical Operations from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides students with all the necessary tools to tackle Numerical Operations questions and answers that appear in SSC exams. You will get an abundance of numerical operations quizzes for SSC exams that contain sample questions on the topic along with numerical operations online tests for SSC exams. You can also solve numerical operations practice sets for SSC and numerical operations practice tests for SSC exams that help aspirants get an idea of the kind of questions asked in the exam. It is also for this reason that we provide numerical operations questions and answers PDF for SSC exams with detailed numerical operations rules.
Frequently Asked Questions about Numerical operations
1- What are some of the most common numerical operations?
Numerical operations are basic mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division as well as other operations that are denoted by symbols like
‘less than’, ‘greater than’, ‘equal to’, ‘not equal to’.
2- What branch of mathematics do numerical operations fall into?
Numerical operations are part of arithmetic in Mathematics. Arithmetic is a branch of mathematics that deals with different types of numbers such as odd numbers, whole numbers, even numbers and the basic operations that can be performed on them like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
3- What are some of the properties of numerical operation?
The main properties of numerical operations include:
- Associative Property
- Distributive Property
- Commutative Property
- Additive Identity
Visit TextFancy.com to make your strings more stylish. Pick emojis and other characters, generate ascii art and more.