Judgment questions are a part of the reasoning section in most of the SSC and Railways competitive exams. Judgment questions are solved by combining the knowledge given in the question and your common sense. This is the logical approach and step by step solving of simple but analytical questions. Judgment questions are one of the most asked questions in a number of competitive exams like RRB NTPC, SSC CGL Exam, SSC CPO Sub Inspector Exam, SSC CHSL Exam, RRB JE, RRB Ministerial and Isolated Categories, and likewise.
Prepare the Judgment questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure that your score in the reasoning section improves. Find all the details about how to prepare and practice the Judgment questions and also the best books and resources for continuous practice.
Important Judgement Topics
The Judgement Topics can be divided into two forms. Find the details below.
A statement is the combination of some meaningful sentences. This is the only set of knowledge which you must use while answering the question.
Judgment is the analysis, which is drawn after reading the statement and by using your common sense.
Tips to Solve/ Prepare Judgment Questions
Go through the following tips and tricks to Solve Judgment Questions with ease.
- Read the statement fully. Don’t try to skip anything. This is quite important while solving Judgment questions and answers SSC exams.
- One of the most important Judgment tricks for SSC exams is that you must look for common keywords. There can be common names used in between the statements.
- While reading the statement carefully, you will understand that prepositions and conjunctions are also equally important. They are quite important in answering the Judgment quiz for SSC exams.
- Don’t use any other information other than the one given in the Judgment questions. The least you can do is use your common sense. This will be extremely helpful in solving Judgment problems in SSC exams.
- You can also use a rough sketch and make Judgment notes for SSC exams. It might help you answer the questions quickly and accurately.
Importance of Judgment in Reasoning Section of Railway and SSC Exams
- Judgment questions are one of the easy scoring questions in the reasoning section. These are quick in solving, and while answering Judgment problems in SSC exams, you will be able to gain full marks.
- While solving more and more Judgment online tests for SSC exams, it is important that you keep practising. Practise will only help you to solve different types of questions, and will also add to your experience and knowledge base.
- Regularly solving Judgment topics for SSC exams will make your mind sharper. This will also help to shape your mind in the form of analytical thinking.
- It is very important to go through the complete Judgement syllabus for SSC exams. This will further help in gaining a complete hold over the subject.
Most Recommended Books for Judgement
Below-mentioned are some of the most used and recommended books to study Judgment topic for your exams:
Author/ Publication Name
Concepts and the tricks pertaining to this topic have been explained in the simplest way possible.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
A K Gupta
A varying degree of practice sets and a huge number of questions are covered to give the students 100% clarification.
Why Prepare Judgement from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is one of the best online tutoring platforms, which combine the knowledge set of different sources and ensures that you understand the topic with utmost conceptual clarity. Thus, rather than browsing through different areas, you get to read them at one single point. You can easily understand all the concepts of the Judgement topic with the best teachers.
BYJU'S Exam Prep shares some of the simple tips and tricks which are quite useful in solving Judgement questions. BYJU'S Exam Prep also has a huge number of question repositories with answers in the same study material. Practising a lot of varied questions will help you gain confidence, speed, and accuracy.
Frequently Asked Questions about Judgement questions
1- How to prepare for the Judgment questions for the upcoming railways and SSC exams?
It is very important to go through the previous years’ questions and answers to gain confidence about this topic. If you want to excel in the Judgment questions for competitive exams, then make it a point to practise all the questions asked in the last 5 years.
2- How to gain accuracy in the Judgment series questions?
To gain accuracy in the Judgment series questions, practising hard is the key. Also, try to pay attention to the statement and read between the lines to answer the question correctly.
3-How to prepare for the Judgement questions?
To prepare for the Judgement series questions, try to practise from the CAT books. They have questions of higher aptitude, and if you can solve them correctly, then you will definitely gain an edge in the competitive exams too.
4- How to score full marks while solving Judgment questions?
To get full marks while solving Judgment questions, what you need to do is just pay full attention to the statement. Look for important and common keywords, and thus, you will be able to answer the question correctly.
5- How to avoid negative marks while answering Judgement questions?
It is very important to answer the question only when you are fully confident. Make sure that you don’t do guess work. Else you might land up with negative marking.
6- What are the best books to prepare for the Judgement questions?
The two most-recommended books are mentioned above. But if you want to prepare for complex judgement questions, then you need to prepare from the CAT series.