Figural analogy questions require a student to spot the relationship between two figures. Sometimes the questions need you to select the missing figure in a pair based on already existing pairs of figures.
The relationship can be based on size, shape, interchange of elements, rotation, number of elements, and other similar factors. This deduction has to be done in the figural analogy problems in SSC exams or other such competitive exams like SBI Clerk, PO, IBPS Clerk, PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, PO, RBI Grade A, B, NABARD Grade A and B, LIC AAO, etc.
Important Figural Analogy Topics for SSC
There is no fixed figural analogy formula for SSC exams, but there are three important patterns that you can look out for. They are as follows:
Check for rotation of the figure set by finding a similar pattern in them. A figure has a specific rotation in the given set. You need to apply the same logic to the new set to get the final answer.
In the given question, there is a chance of dislocation of the figure in which you need to identify the pattern where the first figure has dislocated or merged in the consequent figures of the set. Use this logic in the question to reach the final set.
Interchange of images is another type of question you will come across in the figural analogy practice test SSC exam. The other image is obtained by interchanging images from one another in the given set. After identification of this logic, it has to be used in the figure set provided in the question to reach the answer.
Tips to Solve/Prepare Figural Questions
- Collect figural analogy questions and answers pdf for SSC exams and practice them thoroughly.
- While practising and learning the concept, make figural analogy notes for SSC exams.
- While solving problems, set a timer to see how long you take for solving each question. Unlike quantitative aptitude, this section does not have a lot of formulae, but it requires your sharpness and observation to solve complex problems.
- Try to find the figural analogy tricks for SSC exams and apply the same while practising at home so that you can confidently solve them in the exam quickly.
Importance of Figural Analogy Quiz for SSC Exams
- These questions gauge the potential of the student in understanding the link between the figures.
- It takes some time to identify the link between the figures in the given set and then apply the same to the question set to get an answer. So, solving these figural analogy questions and answers SSC exams quickly shows the expertise of the student in the section.
- The efficiency of a student in solving complex problems of figural analogy shows the capability of students to handle complex matters and get them resolved quickly.
- It shows their alertness while handling intricate details, in real-life scenarios as well.
Most Recommended Books for Figural Analogy
Below-mentioned is a list of some of the best books for practising figural analogy (non-verbal reasoning). Apart from this, make sure to refer to other online sources as well so that you can cover a variety of complex problems. This will boost your confidence.
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Dr R. S. Aggarwal
A New Approach to Reasoning
B. S. Sijwali and S. Sijwali Arihant
M. K. Pandey
Why Prepare Figural Analogy from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep offers systematic learning of figural analogy by explaining the concepts in a simple way so that even beginners can use it for understanding the topic. They have questions of different difficulty levels that help students to learn to solve complex questions. Besides this, you get to know the questions as per the latest pattern of the figural analogy syllabus for SSC exams. All these keep you up to date and well prepared for any competitive exams.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are there any specific figural analogy rules that I need to follow?
Answer: There are no rules for figural analogy, but you need to be well versed with different types of questions so that you can easily identify the pattern in the exam.
- Can a student solely depend on a variety of books for clearing the competitive exams?
Answer: Books are undoubtedly important in competitive exams, but since the pattern keeps on changing, online sources help students in being updated. They also aid in thorough preparation for the exam.
- Is figural analysis a good way for students to score easily?
Answer: Yes, but a lot of practice is needed to solve these problems quickly in the exams; otherwise, most of the time will be spent in solving them, leaving no time for the other questions.
- Is it okay to prepare figural analogy a month before the exam?
Answer: No, you need to have enough practice to attempt these questions correctly. So, it is better to start practising it from day 1.
- How much weightage does this section carry in an exam?
Answer: The pattern varies from time to time so nothing can be said about the number of questions that can be expected from figural analogy, but you can refer to the previous years’ papers to get a rough idea.