SSC CHSL 2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is SSC CHSL Exam?
Answer: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (10+2)for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO) & DEO Grade "A‟.
2. What are the posts in the CHSL 2021 Exam?
Answer: CHSL Exam is conducted for the recruitment of Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC's), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) & Postal/Sorting Assistant.
3. What is pay scale for these posts?
Answer: Pay for the Posts:
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB 1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (CAG): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry Operator (Other Ministries): Pay Band1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400
- Lower Division Clerk & Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA):: Pay Band 1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
4. How many vacancies are there in CHSL 2021?
Answer: SSC CHSL 2021 Vacancies: 5789
5. Who is Eligibile to apply for CHSL 2021 Exam?
Answer: To apply for CHSL 2021 Exam, you must full fill the below mentioned eligibility conditions
1) You should have passed the 10+2 Examination (01.08.2019).
Note: For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
2) You must have attained the age of 18 years and maximum age should not exceed 27 years. (as on 01.08.2019)
Note: Candidates who have not acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and acquire documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01.08.2019 will also be eligible.
6. Is there any Relaxation in Age for SSC CHSL Examination?
Answer: We all know that reservation is in force, and as such, candidates from reserved categories are given relaxation in age Limit. The relaxation is age is given in the above CHSL 2021 Eligibility Criteria article.
7. What are the starting and last dates for applying this post?
Answer: The facility of online application will be available from 05-03-2019 to 05-04-2019 (5.00 PM).
8. What is the cost of application for CHSL Exam?
Answer: SSC is very economical when it comes to Application fees. SSC only charges, Rs 100 as examination fees. Moreover, Female candidates and Reserved category candidates are exempted from payment of application fees.
9. I have 45% marks in 12th Class, can I fill this form?
Answer: Central Govt. recruitment is based on the merit system, for written exam is conducted. Fewer marks in 12th do not create any problem. There are no such specific criteria, you can go ahead.
10. How to apply for SSC CHSL 2021 Exam?
Answer: Applications must be submitted only in online mode. You can apply directly from the link given below.
11. What is the Written Examination Dates for SSC CHSL 2021 Examination?
Answer: SSC CHSL Exam 2021 Tier I will be conducted from 01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019
12. What is the mode of SSC CHSL 2021 Examination?
Answer: Exam is going to be held in a computer-based pattern. There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
13. What is the Selection Process of Examination?
Answer: The examination will consist of a Computer-based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Junior Secretariat Assistant(JSA).
14. What is the Exam pattern of Tier-I & Tier-II Examination?
Answer: The Tier-I paper will be objective type. There will be 100 questions for which Candidates will get 60 minutes.
Tier-II: There will be an Essay and Letter writing exam in SSC CHSL Tier II Exam.
15. Can I apply for both the SSC and Railways at the same time?
Answer: Yes any aspirant can prepare for SSC, Railways and even for any other competitive exam at the same time.
16. What is the time required for preparing for SSC Exams?
Answer: If you are serious about the study and ready to dedicate 6 to 7 hours daily, you may prepare the syllabus within 4 months. There are many students who got success within 4 months of preparation.
17. Need to join a coaching centre for SSC exams or like exams?
Answer: If you are able to grab the things of your own, then, in my opinion, nothing is better than self-study. I don’t think visiting a coaching centre is necessary at all. There are many factors on the basis of which I’m saying that one needs to avoid going to a coaching centre. A few of them are:
- Loss of time as the time spent going to and fro could be utilized in self-study or what.
- Physical tiredness
- Monetary loss
- Difficulty in finding a good coaching institute.
18. Any source of best study material to prepare for SSC Exam?
Answer: The answer to this question is very simple. We here at Gradeup provide you with the best material possible for SSC Exams. We also look for the feedback from the users and try to provide the notes which aspirants require and ask for.
|SSC & Railway Exams||SSC CPO Exam|
|SSC CGL Exam||SSC MTS Exam|
|SSC CHSL Exam||SSC Steno Exam|
|SSC GD Constable Exam|
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC Exams 2021-22 with BYJU'S Exam Prep Course
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections