There was a total of 200 questions from the English section and candidates were give a total of 2 hours to solve them. As per the candidates who had attempted the SSC CPO Exam, the difficulty level of the exam was in the range of Easy to Moderate.
The SSC board conducts this exam to recruit candidates for the post of SI & ASI in multiple departments including Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), etc.
Here are some highlights of the SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam as per the candidates who appeared in the exam:
- As mentioned earlier, overall the questions were Easy to Moderate. Many questions were repeated from the previous year question paper
- Candidates were able to attempt all 200 questions easily
- Passive & narration questions were easy, however, a few questions were asked in a tricky manner
- The previous year pattern was also repeated in vocabulary part especially in Idioms and Phrases, Synonym and Antonym
- As per exam experts, good number of attempts can be assumed between 170 to 180
Questions Asked in SSC CPO Paper 2 Conducted on 25th July 2021
- Idiom: beat a retreat
- Idiom: ins and out
- Disgrace - synonym
- Amateur - Antonym
- Condescend - Antonym
- One word Substitution - people who work with you - colleague
- One word Substitution - study of gods and religion
- One word Substitution - Ambiguous
- One word Substitution - Usher
- Comprehension - dietary fibres importance
- Comprehension - Egypt’s mummies
- Comprehension -Story on Grandma and Granddaughter (From Previous Year Paper)
- Comprehension -Discovery of India by Vosco de Gama
- Discrete (Spelling Error)
- Relevant (Spelling Error)
- Besiege (Spelling Error)
- Scarcely had I _____ (Fill in the blanks)
- Error spotting - based on conjunction - No sooner - than
- Error spotting - question tag (2 questions)
- Error spotting - “has being” was given in the sentence.
- Fill in the blanks (mainly vocab based)
- Parajumbles - questions of both the types - 4 and 6 (1st and 6th were fixed) sentences were there in the exam.