Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Online Examination for the post of Stenographer Grade 'C' and 'D' every year. According to the SSC Steno Notification 2019, SSC will conduct the exam for Ministries/Departments of Central Government and Subordinate/Attached offices in other parts of the country. The exam will be conducted from 5th May to 7th May 2020.
We have already provided the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2019. Here, we are providing you with some important details of the exam which might be helpful in the later stages of the recruitment process and some important tips to crack the exam. Candidates are requested to fill-up the SSC stenographer online application form at your earliest convenience if you haven't yet.
Vacancies of Stenographer Grade - C are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi.
Vacancies of Stenographer Grade - D are grouped as under:
- Group ‘X’ – For Ministries/Departments of Central Government located mostly in Delhi.
- Group ‘Y’ – For Offices/Departments of Central Government including Attached/Subordinate Offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Examination Pattern
The exam is set out on a computer-based test (CBT) followed by a skill test.
The computer-based test comprises three sections namely; English, Reasoning and General Awareness.
Maximum Marks/Number of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Total No. of Questions
NOTE: The papers will be set in both English and Hindi (Except Part III)
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Let us have a look at the topic-wise distribution of subjects for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D
SSC Stenographer Exam tests your command on these three subjects viz:
I – General Intelligence & Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal type): SSC Stenographer 2019 Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning will include questions on the following topics:
- Similarities & Differences
- Problem Solving
- Space Visualization
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Discriminating Observation
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Verbal & Figure Classification
II – General Awareness: SSC Stenographer 2019 Syllabus for General Awareness will include questions on the following topics:
- Current events
- India & its neighbouring countries – History, Geography, General Polity, Culture, Sports, Economics.
III – English Language & Comprehension: SSC Stenographer 2019 Syllabus for English Language & Comprehension will include questions on the following topics:
- Basic understanding and concepts of English
- Sentence Structuring
- Synonyms & Antonyms
How to attempt SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2019 Exam?
- Do not waste time on the questions of which you are not sure to avoid negative marking.
- For better time management and also to get an idea of the examination, you must solve previous year question papers and practice mock tests.
- Focus on your strengths and maximize your score by attempting that section first.
- The ideal time required to solve the section can be 20 minutes for General Awareness, 35 minutes for General Intelligence & Reasoning and 65 minutes for English Language & Comprehension.
Tips to score well in SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2019 Exam
- Familiarise yourself by practising previous year question papers. There are chances of repetition in the questions and such questions will save your time during the exam. Remember that the one second you save will enable you to encircle one extra question, which might be the turning point of your career.
- Prepare yourself well for the worst depending on the changes you are about to witness in the examination hall. Only your decision making power will get you through the competition in the examination hall.
- In order to score well in the English Language section of the SSC Stenographer Exam 2019, it is advisable to go through all the one-word substitutions, Idioms and phrases, and vocabulary from the previous year's papers.
- Never skip the comprehension part, the passages are easy and can be scored off quickly.
- Try to Study at least 10 new English words daily. Note down the Meaning along with the synonyms and antonyms of each word you find unfamiliar or difficult to remember.
- To score well in reasoning section of SSC STENO Exam 2019, always remember that the given question will be solved by the data given only, don’t make unnecessary assumptions or judgment while solving the problem. Use smart and appropriate tricks and methods for solving any problem.
- Reasoning problems take more time than the other sections, hence time constraint must be kept in mind while attempting this section.
- To score well in the general awareness section of the SSC STENO Exam 2019, one should focus more on current affairs along with the static data surrounding the news.
- Another great option to prepare GK well is to go through magazines that focus General Knowledge. Some of the useful magazines are Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorma. Objective Lucent can also be referred to score well.
- Read newspapers daily. This habit will help you in two subjects, viz. General Awareness and English Comprehension.
- Once the syllabus is covered, go about revision as many times as possible with constant evaluation of your standard by solving previous question papers after each revision.
- If a question is not known or time taking or doubtful better go to the next and return to it after you answer all the known ones.
Important Points to remember for Stenography Test
- The skill test is of qualifying nature.
- There is no exemption from the skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment.
Note: The next round after the written test for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2019 Exam is the Skill Test. We have already covered the Detailed pattern for the same.
To help you in SSC Stenographer exam preparation, Gradeup has launched SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2019 Online Test Series on the latest pattern consisting of 15 tests in Hindi & English. The 1st test of the package is free which you can attempt through the link below:
We have also started a course for all those students who have just started their preparation journey for SSC Exams. In this course, we will start everything from the 'ground zero' level covering all the topics from basic to advance level. This course will prepare you for upcoming SSC CGL, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL, and other related examinations. Also, the best thing is that the medium of this course is BILINGUAL!!
So what are you waiting for? Click here to enrol yourself in the course for maximum benefits (Start FREE Trial).
'Attempt subject wise questions in our new practise section' Click here
Download Gradeup, the best government exam app for Preparation
Gradeup today to score better